Work Location: Regina or Saskatoon
This role is eligible for hybrid – this means you’ll have the flexibility of working from home and in the office (in Regina / Saskatoon), on a scheduled rotation once probation requirements have been met. Until then, the successful incumbent will be expected to work on-site, full-time.
Work should be so much more than just a job you do to earn a paycheque. And at SGI CANADA, it is.
We offer the essentials – a competitive salary, great pension, and excellent employer-paid family benefits. But we also provide opportunities. The opportunity to do work that makes a difference in your community. The opportunity to expand your professional skills and grow your career. And the opportunity to come to work every day to a job you’re passionate about and that leaves you feeling happy and fulfilled.
Now that we’ve (hopefully!) sparked your interest, here’s some good news: we’re hiring!
We’re looking for a Manager, SK UW Alt Risk & Loss Prev.
We hope you consider applying if you:
- Can manage the underwriting (UW) function for alternative risk commercial property and personal lines insurance products for SGI CANADA (Saskatchewan).
- Can establish and maintain relationships with brokers.
- Can build, coach, and mentor a team of underwriters.
- Want to leverage your leadership skills for good – like actively supporting SGI’s culture, expanding your own learning and supporting your colleagues as they do the same.
Typically, these skills are gained through a four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study such as Business or Mathematics & Applied Science, and 8 years’ experience comprised of 4 years leadership experience and four years’ experience in a senior underwriting role. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way, so please don't hesitate to apply. We'd love to hear from you!
What else do we offer?
Our website gives a run-down of the many perks of working with us, including:
- Personal development: We invest in our employees. We provide leadership and employee training, and provide education funding, to support your self-improvement goals and keep our teams thriving.
- A positive, healthy work culture: Work culture can be the reason an employee stays or leaves a job. At SGI, we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we’re proud of. And we continue to invest in our culture through training to make sure that our actions (and culture) reflect our corporate values: caring, passion, innovation, and integrity.
- Awesome people: Seriously. We hire the best people, and you get to work with them. At SGI, you’ll find the work family you didn’t know you needed.
We strive to be the kind of employer that employees recommend to a friend. We want our employees to want to come to work, and we look forward to your application!
To learn more about this position, check out the full job description. There, you’ll find all requirements and accountabilities in greater detail.
Diversity is a cornerstone of SGI. We believe all candidates should be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your accommodation requests to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work through your request with you. All information received will be kept confidential.
Remember, the position closes Wednesday, March 6, so submit your application online on our careers website by 11:59 p.m. SK time.
More search results
Claims Technical Specialist - Strategy
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Independent Adjuster (Property & Casualty)
QA Adjusting Company
Customer Relationship Coordinator (CRC) & Admin C…
Field claims adjuster
Kootenay Adjusting & Consulting Ltd
Field Claims Adjuster - Property (Red Deer)
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company