YOU'RE ALL ABOUT going THE extra MILE.
Closing: Open until filled
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
When it comes to leading a team, you’re definitely the whole package - team player, supportive coach and always the enthusiastic cheerleader. You’re a natural leader who knows how to get things done and how to motivate your staff to help you do it.
The only thing you love more than providing excellent customer service, is knowing you’re giving someone that important peace of mind by helping them protect what matters most. Our insurance team is looking for a next-level Insurance Manager like you to help us promote AMA Insurance and provide advice to our Insurance Advisor team and our AMA members to help them protect the things they care about most. You can see different potential solutions and have confidence to make decisions. And not only do you know your stuff, you’re ready to roll up your sleeves to help get it done.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a born leader, mentor and team builder who can inspire your team to help execute your strategic vision.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and know what it takes to run a successful business.
- You’re the very definition of positivity. You’re always upbeat and strive to create a fun, healthy work environment.
- One of the favourite parts of your job is being able to share your knowledge and experience to help others grow and excel in their careers.
- You understand the importance of being approachable and keeping an open door to your staff.
- You have a love for learning and education — not just for others, but also for yourself.
- You’re a mad multi-tasker, able to juggle projects and deadlines with ease. You know how things get done (and how to get others to help you along the way!).
- You are passionate about sales and customer service… you can’t imagine doing anything else!
- You know your stuff when it comes to personal and commercial insurance when it comes to industry trends.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to: Director, Sales and Service, South.
- Lead the Insurance Advisor Team providing our clients with the best possible experience and peace of mind they’re looking for.
- Implement Insurance policies, processes and practices based on Insurance Services strategies, results, and current insurance industry trends.
- As a working manager you will identify our members’ insurance requirements and provide, or advise on, the products and services they may need.
- You will act as a mentor to your team in doing the same.
- Conduct needs assessment and develop plans with AMA Management team to deliver training.
- Ensure that operational excellence is a top priority by overseeing initiatives that will increase our effectiveness, efficiency and profitability making the best use of our resources.
- Support internal communication processes between Insurance Services business areas regarding Insurance policy and practices.
- Distribute information regarding product and process changes in a timely manner.
- Manage day-to-day operations for a team of Insurance Advisors.
- Live our culture of treating others just like family and friends while supporting a positive environment within your team.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You’ve got some serious experience under your belt - at least 5 years’ progressive leadership in Personal Insurance.
- Having Commercial Insurance experience would be a bonus as well.
- You have a post-secondary education in Business or related field, or have obtained related certifications.
- You have your General Insurance Certificate of Authority Level 2 from the Alberta Insurance Counsel (AIC).
- You have, or will be motivated to work towards your;
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation.
- Accident and Sickness Certificate of Authority.
- You have a general knowledge of Life & Health Insurance products.
- You “get” people and know what it takes to create a great experience for your team and for clients.
- You’ve proven that you know how to get high quality results even within tight timelines; you know what it takes to be an industry leader.
- You are that unique combination of conceptualizer and implementer, interpreter and facilitator.
- You know financial management methods, risk selection, the nature of Insurance policies, processes and practices and Insurance risk selection.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and "ME" day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Senior Underwriter (Commercial Property)
Adjuster I (Property)
SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance)
Field Claims Specialist - Level 3 (Eastern, ON)
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group - 342622
Field Underwriter - Loss Prevention
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group - 342622
Director, Underwriting (SK Commercial Property & …