Director, Underwriting (SK Commercial Property & Farm)
Work should be so much more than just a job you do to earn a paycheque. And at SGI, it is.
We offer the essentials – a competitive salary, great pension, and excellent employer-paid family benefits. But we also provide opportunities. The opportunity to do work that makes a difference in your community. The opportunity to expand your professional skills and grow your career. And the opportunity to come to work every day to a job you’re passionate about that leaves you feeling happy and fulfilled – all in an industry undergoing a ton of exciting change!
Now that we’ve (hopefully!) sparked your interest, here’s some good news: we’re hiring!
We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced individual to help shape our Saskatchewan Underwriting team and drive success. If this sounds like you, join our team as Director, Underwriting (SK Commercial Property & Farm).
We hope you consider applying if you:
- Can lead, direct and monitor the underwriting (UW) function for commercial property products for the Saskatchewan region and Farm products for Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba.
- Can engage and motivate the underwriting teams to outperform the market and win our brokers’ support
- Can manage and monitor UW production activities, ensuring compliance with Corporate UW guidelines and corporate risk appetite.
- Have knowledge of the principles and practice of insurance and the various kinds of property and casualty insurance products.
- Have knowledge of Saskatchewan’s property and casualty insurance market, including the independent broker distribution model.
- Enjoy collaborating with business development to build and maintain effective relationships with broker partners.
- Are a strategic thinker who thrives on identifying opportunities and threats, understanding risks and driving essential outcomes.
- Want to leverage your leadership skills for good – like actively supporting SGI’s culture, expanding your own learning and supporting your colleagues as they do the same.
Typically, these skills are gained through a four-year degree in a relevant field of study such as Business or a discipline related to insurance and Ten years of related experience comprised of four - six years leadership experience with increasing responsibility and six years’ experience in insurance especially within the product line (Commercial Property or Farm).
What else do we offer?
Our website gives a run-down of the many perks of working with us, including:
- Work-life balance: How does an additional three weeks off a year sound?
- Personal development: We invest in our employees. We provide leadership and employee training, and education funding, to support your self-improvement goals and keep our teams thriving.
- A positive, healthy work culture: Work culture can be the reason an employee stays or leaves a job. At SGI, we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we’re proud of. And we continue to invest in our culture through training to make sure that our actions (and culture) reflect our corporate values: caring, passion, innovation, and integrity.
- Awesome people: Seriously. We hire the best people, and you get to work with them. At SGI, you’ll find the work-family you didn’t know you needed.
We strive to create the kind of work environment where employees want to come to work, and we look forward to your application!
To learn more about this position, check out the full job description. There, you’ll find all requirements and accountabilities in greater detail.
Diversity is a cornerstone of SGI. We believe all candidates should be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your accommodation requests to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work through your request with you. All information received will be kept confidential.
The position closes December 8, 2023, so submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. SK time.
More search results
Insurance Product Manager – Specialty Lines
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Regional Underwriter, Calgary 12 months contract
Business Development Manager
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance
Manager of Agribusiness Underwriting
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance
Underwriting Assistant (Personal Lines Mono-Line)
SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance)