Senior Account Executive (Commercial Insurance)
POSITION TITLE: Senior Account Executive
The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s 35 years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer seven years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
Reporting to the Lead, Account Operations, the primary responsibility of the Senior Account Executive is to manage subscriber coverage needs and inquires, while ensuring compliance and meeting business requirements.
- Remain up to date on the HIROC policy wording and coverage implications.
- Respond to queries from Subscribers on coverage issues and general questions with a focus on liability insurance, including general liability, professional liability (med mal), directors and officers, as well as property insurance.
- Review and provide recommendations on complex contracts/agreements, such as funding/affiliation agreements, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, non-domestic agreements and clinical trials.
- Provide mentorship and training to Account Executives and Account Associates.
- Manage policy changes, including endorsements, addition of locations, limit changes, operational changes, etc.
- Ensure all subscriber correspondence is accurate and flows in an efficient manner.
- Strengthen subscriber relationships through phone, web-ex and or in-person meetings.
- Oversee/prepare production of coverage summaries, premium summaries, and subscriber documents.
- Prepare reports and presentations for subscribers’ executive teams, boards and audit/finance committees on coverages, insurance trends, etc.
- Complete file review at renewal and assist subscribers in completing annual Information Update (underwriting info) and investigate variances and incomplete information.
- Prepare and present quotations or respond to RFPs.
- Learning and understanding HIROC’s insurance services and various service departments to work collaboratively to ensure best possible outcomes for all inquiries while minimizing touches and providing excellent customer service.
- Maintain relationships with underwriters and other key staff of our various insurance partners.
- Maintain environmental awareness of subscribers’ issues and concerns.
- Review subscriber and healthcare literature and industry publication for changing needs and products.
- Promptly advise Account Associates and Client Systems Associates of any new policies that have been bound and any non-program renewals that have been agreed upon.
- Consult with HIROC staff in other departments regarding various committees and special projects.
- Work with Client Services team and other departments to streamline workflows and processes.
- Provide guidance to Client Services team and other departments for documentation issues (e.g. certificates of insurance).
- Work within underwriting authority and obtain underwriter approval when necessary.
- Provide support to Leads, Directors and VPs as requested.
- Keep up-to-date with market conditions, attend insurance and healthcare industry seminars, and stay informed on issues related to HIROC's market.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- A proven track record in customer service coupled with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making
- An interest in personal development and eagerness to learn new things
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software
- Valid Ontario drivers license and access to a vehicle preferred
- Presentation skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Completed post-secondary education at the Bachelor or College level and 5 to 7 years of related experience in a client facing role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Insurance industry designation(s) such as CIP/FCIP, CAIB, CRM, RPLU.
- Property/Casualty insurance experience
HOURS OF WORK:
May be required to attend after hours functions/meetings.
TO APPLY: Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. HIROC respects the diversity of all members of its community and welcomes applications from those who have demonstrated a commitment to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion. Applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, those who identify as women, 2SLGBTQ+, individuals who self-identify on the basis of any of the protected grounds under the Human Rights Code and/or others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas within its community are encouraged. HIROC is committed to fair assessment of a candidate’s abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience, including non-traditional career paths.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including its participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter its premises, access its information, or use its services. As an organization, HIROC respects and upholds the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that HIROC offers a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.