- HSB Canada
- Toronto, Ontario
- Job Category
- Job Type
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit: www.hsb.ca
The Cyber Underwriter will be part of a team dedicated to maintaining and advancing underwriting excellence at HSB Canada. As a Corporate Underwriting team member, the Cyber Underwriter will contribute to growing a profitable portfolio of personal and commercial cyber products and participate in challenging projects that focus on maintaining leadership in the specialty insurance products segment. You will excel in this role with your customer-centric, inventive and agile approach as you support both Portfolio and Transactional business development. Reporting to the Director Underwriting, this role is located at our Head Office in downtown Toronto and is ideal for an innovative thinker with a problem-solving mindset focused on product leadership.
- Understand the pulse of the business and actively contribute to the profitable growth of the Cyber portfolio.
- Proactively monitor and analyze the performance of the Cyber portfolio and Cyber Accumulation and implement corrective action where required.
- Understand and align decision-making to HSB Canada's Cyber risk appetite and corporate strategies to ensure changes do not expose the business to unacceptable levels of risk.
- Structure tailor-made underwriting solutions for new and existing Clients.
- Establish and update Underwriting Guidelines, Standards, and Training Materials, while ensuring the Underwriters understand and comply with relevant Standards.
- Serves as the key point of contact and underwriting resource for Cyber inquiries from various distribution channels.
- Provide training for new Underwriters on Underwriting Standards, Coverages, and Policy Forms.
- Ensure our product is competitive, our processes are efficient and that our underwriters have the tools & resources required to successfully fulfill their responsibilities.
- Deep understanding of the industry and awareness of the competitive environment.
- Assist in the development of new product opportunities, as appropriate.
- Contribute to special projects supporting New Solution Development and new Distribution Channel exploration.
- Bachelor or Master's degree is required,
- 3-5 years of Cyber underwriting experience is required,
- The ability to work closely with and support senior management in developing and implementing creative and strategic ideas,
- Self-motivated with a growth mindset,
- Strong time management and forward-thinking skills to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects and meet time-sensitive deadlines with a high degree of accuracy,
- Strong initiative and a “get it done” attitude to lead projects through to completion,
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with key internal stakeholders,
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to achieve results by taking a proactive and creative problem-solving approach,
- Strong team player, able to contribute in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment,
- A positive, professional attitude is essential for this role,
- French language skills (written and spoken) are a strong attribute.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference CUW0823-BW and follow the link: Apply Here.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
More search results
Field Claims Specialist, Level 3 - Eastern, ON
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group - 342622
Senior Adjuster (Property)
Insurance Risk Manager
First Capital REIT
Insurance Product Manager – Specialty Lines
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Senior Claims Analyst
Peak Performance HR