Claims Supervisor - Auto Physical Damage (PD)
Are you looking for a challenging and dynamic role? If so, Millennium Insurance is looking to add a Claims Supervisor – Auto Physical Damage (PD) to their team!
Reporting to the Claims Manager, you will play a critical role in supervising our Auto Physical Damage (PD) department. You will oversee a team of claims adjusters and support staff, ensuring efficient and accurate claims processing while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Your expertise, guidance and leadership will help us maintain our reputation for excellence in industry.
What you will be doing
- Manages the end-to-end claims process, including developing policies and procedures.
- Review and evaluate assessments, estimates, and settlement offers to ensure fairness, accuracy, and adherence to coverage terms.
- Investigate complex claims, identify potential issues, and make informed resolutions regarding coverage, liability, and claim settlement.
- Monitor claims activities, identify trends, and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Act as a primary point of contact for policyholders, agents, and other stakeholders regarding claims issues.
- Establishing strong relationships with preferred vendors and independent adjusters.
- Provide exceptional customer service, promptly addressing inquiries, concerns, and complaints in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Ensure clear and concise communication with all parties involved in the claims process, including claimants, vendors, and internal departments.
- Keep policyholders informed of claim status, progress, and any necessary updates throughout the claims handling process.
- Stay up to date with industry regulations, changes in insurance policies, and emerging trends in management.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, and internal guidelines related to claims management.
- Conduct regular audits and quality checks to ensure accuracy, consistency, and compliance with established standards.
- Identify and address any potential compliance issues or areas for improvement, taking proactive measures to mitigate risk.
- Establish KPI’s and milestones to track the progress and effectiveness of the strategy.
- Train, coach, supervise and lead a team of claims adjusters/examiners, providing direction, guidance, and support in the claims handling process.
- Set performance goals, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide ongoing coaching and training to ensure team members meet or exceed performance standards.
- Foster a positive work environment, promoting teamwork, collaboration, and a customer-centric approach.
- Delegate tasks and assignments effectively, ensuring workload distribution is balanced among team members.
What you bring to the team
- Minimum of two (5) years of experience in claims handling.
- Post-secondary education and/or CIP designation are considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of insurance policies, coverage, and claim settlement practices.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to evaluate complex information and make informed decisions with a keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interact with diverse stakeholders.
- High level of attention to detail, organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with claims management software and MS Office Suite.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and compliance requirements.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and empathy
How you will succeed
In the first year, success will be measured by the ability to provide expert guidance to the Auto PD team, ensuring efficient claims processing and accurate assessments. The successful candidate will proactively identify areas for process improvement and implement strategies to enhance operational effectiveness, resulting in reduced claims cycle times and improved customer satisfaction.
How we take care of our Employees
By joining Millennium Insurance, you will belong to a passionate and purpose-driven team. As part of the Wheaton Group Companies, we pride ourselves on being family oriented, socially responsible, and in doing business the right way. Millennium is proud to be Great Place to Work Certified for creating an outstanding employee experience and an amazing workplace culture. Some of the amazing benefits our employees have access to include:
- Earned Time-Off and Vacation Program
- Group Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Hybrid work options available
- Fitness center subsidy
- Education Assistance
- Health, Dental and Insured Benefit offerings
- Health and Lifestyle spending account
- Employee discount programs
About Millennium Insurance
Millennium Insurance is a locally owned and operated property and casualty insurance company based in Sherwood Park, AB. We pride ourselves on offering relevant and competitively priced insurance products, along with industry-leading customer service. Our business lines include personal automobile, personal property, home warranty, commercial property, and commercial liability insurance. Millennium Insurance is part of the Wheaton Group of Companies.
Interested in applying?
If you are ready to pursue a new challenge, visit our careers page at My Job Search (ultipro.ca) and apply today!
We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected to advance in the hiring process will be contacted. Final candidates will be asked to undergo pre-employment backchecks, results of which must be satisfactory to Millennium.
Millennium is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. If we can make any adjustments to the hiring process to better accommodate you, please provide feedback when submitting your application or let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity.
This role not a fit for you? Stay connected with us through LinkedIn for information on other career opportunities that are available.
More search results
Senior Underwriter (Commercial Property)
Adjuster I (Property)
SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance)
Field Claims Specialist - Level 3 (Eastern, ON)
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group - 342622
Field Underwriter - Loss Prevention
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group - 342622
Alberta Motor Association