Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Waterloo office Underwriting Department for two (2) Permanent Full Time Farm Underwriters.
Farm Underwriter – 100 Erb St E, Waterloo, Ontario
What you will do...
- Assess and evaluate risks within the farm portfolio to negotiate pricing and underwriting conditions with brokers.
- Accept, reject, approve, renew or cancel policies in accordance with Heartland’s underwriting guidelines and procedures as well as those contained in program agreements, applicable laws and regulations.
- Build trusted business relationships with brokers, tailor your approach, and seize opportunities.
- Participate in broker visits, industry functions and marketing events in support of business objectives.
- Be involved in stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to grow your skills and expertise.
What you will bring...
- 2-3 years experience in underwriting or any combination of training and experience within the insurance industry.
- Curious, desire to learn, strong analysis and synthesis skills.
- Ability to make decisions in urgent situations, solve complex problems, recommend courses of action, and take calculated risks.
- Skilled communicator, both written and verbal English, who likes to make decisions and excels at influencing others.
- CIP designation or actively pursuing (Minimum 5 Completed)
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks.
- Experience with Guidewire P&C Insurance Software & Technology a strong asset, not required.
- Ability to apply underwriting philosophy and knowledge to strategic goals.
To get in contact with us, please reach out to Recruiting@heartlandfarmmutual.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Wage Range: This position starts at $60,600.00 and goes to $66,000.00.
What we offer...
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and to enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
More search results
Senior Product Analyst (Personal Property)
SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance)
Experienced Insurance Advisor
Alberta Motor Association
Senior Risk & Insurance Examiner
Regional Municipality of Durham - Whitby, ON
Claims Adjuster 2 - Condo/Strata (AB or BC)
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company