Claims Adjuster - Auto Bodily Injury and CGL
You have a clear vision of where your career can go. And we have the leadership to help you get there. At CNA, we strive to create a culture in which people know they matter and are part of something important, ensuring the abilities of all employees are used to their fullest potential.
Under technical direction, manages CGL and Auto Body claims for Canadian and US exposures. Works within specific limits of authority on assignments of technical complexity and coordination. Utilizing claims policies and guidelines, reviews coverages, determines liability and compensability, secures information and negotiates and settles claims.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Setting reserves and authorizing payment within scope of authority, effectively settling claims in the most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of payments.
- Coordinating and adjusting investigations of casualty line claims (bodily injury and product liability) and auto bodily injury third party claims of a moderate to intermediate complexity through communication with policy holders and external vendors.
- Assigning independent adjusters and lawyers in accordance with established guidelines.
- Contributing to profitability by effective implementation of claim handling best practices to direct loss cost and claim expense.
- Working closely with all levels of CNA’s internal and external business partners to share knowledge and developments on claims.
- Ensuring proper reporting are completed in a timely manner and sent to the appropriate Head Office departments.
- Making recommendations on claim policy and processes to further enhance the claim department.
- Reacting to change productively and handling other essential tasks and projects as assigned.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Technical and business management acumen, investigation and claims resolution skills, knowledge of insurance and claims principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and teams.
- Ability to solve issues with a sense of urgency; utilizes and manages all available resources to make informed decisions and achieve superior total claim outcome.
- Ability to effectively manage through challenging business problems and take appropriate levels of risks.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, issues, Canadian and US laws and regulations.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and handle high volumes of work
- Comfortable working in a paperless and technologically based environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
- Typically a minimum three to five years claims experience.
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
More search results
Senior Product Analyst (Personal Property)
SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance)
Experienced Insurance Advisor
Alberta Motor Association
Senior Risk & Insurance Examiner
Regional Municipality of Durham - Whitby, ON
Claims Adjuster 2 - Condo/Strata (AB or BC)
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company