Intermediate Underwriter (Commercial Property)
**This role is eligible for hybrid work in Edmonton and Calgary**
At SGI CANADA, we believe work should be so much more than a job you do to earn a paycheque, and we’ve worked hard to make that a reality!
We’re looking for experienced underwriters to join our Alberta Underwriting team. Whether you are ready to take on new challenges, or looking for a change of pace, we have the opportunity for you.
We hope you consider applying if you:
- Have strong, technical insurance knowledge
- Are a people person! You’ll be working with our broker partners across Alberta.
- Like to challenge the status quo by finding innovative and creative solutions
- Feel comfortable and confident when faced with change
- Buy into SGI CANADA’s values of integrity, caring, innovation, and passion
Typically, these skills are gained through a two year diploma in a relevant field of study, such as business, insurance, or risk management, and three years of experience in Underwriting. A CIP designation is considered an asset. Don’t worry about checking every box – we know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way. If this job sounds like a fit for you, submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
What do we offer?
We offer the essentials – a competitive salary, great pension, and excellent employer-paid family benefits, and so much more. At SGI CANADA, you have the opportunity to do work that makes a difference in your community while you expand your professional skills and grow your career.
Our website gives a run-down of the many perks of working with us, including:
- Work-life balance - How does an additional two weeks off each year sound?
- Personal development - We invest in our employees through leadership and employee training and education funding.
- A positive, healthy work culture – At SGI CANADA, we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we’re proud of. We want our employees to want to come to work, and we strive to be the kind of employer that employees recommend to a friend.
- Awesome people - Seriously. We hire the best people, and you get to work with them!
To learn more about this position, check out the full job description. There, you’ll find all requirements and accountabilities in greater detail.
Diversity is a cornerstone of SGI. We believe all candidates should be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your accommodation requests to us at email@example.com and we will work through your request with you. All information received will be kept confidential.
This posting closes Friday, October 6, 2023, so submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. SK time.
More search results
Assistant Professor, Insurance and Risk Managemen…
Claims Adjuster 2 - Condo/Strata (AB or BC)
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Claims Supervisor - Auto Physical Damage (PD)
Millennium Insurance Corporation
Experienced Insurance Advisor
Alberta Motor Association
Alberta Motor Association