Insurance Claims & Liability Specialist
- Modern Niagara
- Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa OR Toronto
- Job Category
- Job Type
Modern Niagara helps building owners, managers, and general contractors meet the mechanical, electrical, integrated building technology, and building services needs of their buildings across Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Southwestern Ontario, and Ottawa. We also develop custom, turnkey solutions to help reach the desired outcomes. We are committed to having a positive and meaningful impact on Canada’s infrastructure and on the communities where we live, learn, work, and heal.
WE BUILD FOR LIFE.
We value passion, initiative, determination, professionalism, and teamwork and we are committed to ensuring that our teams have everything they need to succeed. Health and safety are embedded in everything we do and, as a result, our award-winning safety culture has a record that’s well above industry standards.
At Modern Niagara, you will work alongside values-driven, safety-conscious, and high-impact teams in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment. Here, your knowledge, skills, and excellent service will help ensure that the buildings that make up Canada’s infrastructure fulfill the needs they were set out to meet.
Modern Niagara is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and is a recipient of SMACNA‘s Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP) – Canada and the Canadian Occupational Safety (COS) Magazine’s Gold Winner for Canada’s Safest Employers Award in the Building and Construction category and Excellence Winner for Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture Award as well as Canada’s Best Health + Safety Leader Award.
Modern Niagara is looking for an Insurance Claims & Liability Specialist to join our team in any of our regional offices; Vaughan, Hamilton, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver.
Interpersonal and Professional Skills
- Strong capabilities in developing and supporting a culture dedicated to prevention, continuous improvement and best practices;
- Able to establish relationships with the teams, with transparent, supportive and timely interactions and build relationships with people of all levels of an organization;
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and time management;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, a creative thinker, adaptable and comfortable with changing environments;
- Exceptional written and a verbal communication skill with an uncanny ability communicate problems and solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities;
- Creativity, adaptive to change, proactivity, flexibility and future-focused;
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Efficient at working with the corporate brokerage and various insurers and legal professionals simultaneously;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and education.
- Actively manage day to day adjustment of insurance claims; work with business units to secure supporting documentation and favorable loss settlement;
- Monitor and accurately manage the receipt of claim funds in a timely fashion;
- Follow ups for outstanding documentation from insurance brokers/insurers/adjusters and stakeholders;
- Prepare regular status and trending reports for operational and business service leaders;
- Assist with insurance renewal assembly for underwriting information from business units;
- Provide training and education to the operational leadership on managing risk and trend response recommendations;
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Teams);
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, risk management or a relevant discipline would be an asset;
- Obtained or working toward Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation preferred;
- Proven experience with commercial insurance products, with an understanding of underwriting or have broker experience with an emphasis on complex Corporate General Liability (CGL) and property exposures;
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial property/casualty policies such as CGL, D&O, E&O, Builder’s Risk, Wrap up, Property, Automobile, Environmental and Cyber policies
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we recognize the value of fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization and are committed to eliminating barriers faced by members of equity-seeking groups (women, Indigenous, Black, racialized, LGTBQ2S+, people with disabilities, and new immigrants) in the construction industry. Our DEI vision is to build an organization where everyone has access to the same opportunities, experience equitable outcomes, and can thrive and reach their full potential.
We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made. We can be reached at email@example.com.