Senior Casualty Claims Specialist
- Heartland Farm Mutual
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Job Category
- Job Type
Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Claims Department for a Senior Casualty Claims Specialist.
Senior Casualty Claims Specialist – Waterloo, Ontario
The Casualty Claims Specialist role will be responsible to develop, support and execute on the strategic direction of casualty claims handling at Heartland Mutual Insurance across Canada.
What you will do...
- Effectively investigate and facilitate the fair settlement of self-handled claims.
- Conduct audits on our Casualty claims team and legal vendors.
- Display sound economic judgement to support all financial transactions.
- Maintain fully documented claims files. Record and store documents to support file activity, and document action plans to support the file direction.
- Develop strong customer, broker and vendor relationships through personal accountability.
- Mentor claims staff to embrace and develop a high performance workplace culture.
- Keep current with Case Law decisions and communicate to the BI/Casualty team the potential implications of new decisions on file handling
- Encourage business foresight through quality decision making.
- Support our corporate culture and vision which fosters long term relationships with our customers.
- Ensure the daily claims procedures and best practices conform to legal, regulatory compliancy and privacy obligations.
What you will bring...
- Completion of Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience.
- 10 years property/casualty claims insurance experience, including 5 years’ experience at a senior Casualty level.
- Hands-on experience with complex bodily injury cases and general liability cases across Canada.
- Strong knowledge of the civil litigation process across Canada including relevant insurance case law and precendents.
- Strong technical, audit, communication, coaching, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to see the impact of claims and legal decisions on Heartland.
What we offer...
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and to enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait too here from you!