- Heartland Farm Mutual
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Job Category
- Job Type
Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance has an excellent opportunity in our Underwriting Department for a Farm Underwriter
Farm Underwriter – Waterloo, Ontario
What you will do...
- Assessment and evaluation of risks within the farm portfolio.
- Negotiation of contract terms.
- Proactively manage business development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
What you will bring...
- 2-3 years underwriting experience.
- CIP designation or actively pursuing.
- Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field.
- Experience in the agricultural sector personal or professional is an asset.
What we offer...
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and to enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait too here from you!