Commercial Underwriter - Intermediate & Senior (Remote/hybrid within British-Columbia)
- Vancouver, 02
- Job Category
Working under general supervision, the Underwriter II – Commercial Lines is responsible for analyzing the acceptability of moderately complex business with moderate premium volume according to company guidelines by working collaboratively with our sales force and providing value added expertise and service to both potential and existing policyholders.
- Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
- Arrange reinsurance or subscribing companies where appropriate.
- Determine eligibility for policy renewals based on guidelines and retention goals of the company.
- Maintain accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data.
- Communicate decisions, and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
- Assist with interpretation of rating procedures, wordings, underwriting policies and regulations.
- Handle work assignments, including calls, efficiently.
- Work effectively towards the goals of the team.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three years of Property and Casualty industry experience.
- Post-secondary education or related business experience.
- Completed or actively pursuing a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to review information carefully and comprehensively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present information in a convincing manner.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work.
- Number of hours per week: 37.5
- Core business hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM PT
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, during core business hours (Pacific Time Zone)
- Location: Anywhere in BC