Accident Benefits Specialist
- Job Category
- Job Type
Oatley Vigmond Personal Injury Lawyers LLP is currently seeking a Full Time Accident Benefits Specialist to join our Barrie office.
$90K - 100K per year
The Accident Benefits Specialist will:
- Attend PNC's (potential new client meetings) in office, hospitals, or client residence. Complete AB forms and forward to insurers, doctors, employers, etc. Submit expenses to insurers on behalf of clients. Attend rehabilitation case conferences in the office, in the community and remotely. Attend regular team meetings in house and be on top of tasks assigned.
- Oversee the Accident Benefits’ Files by assigning rehabilitation teams for each new client and ensuring that the service providers are following through on tasks. Obtain regular updates from service providers and trouble shoot any issues. Forward medical information to the rehab team, insurer and specialists when required.
- Apply to the LAT when benefits are denied/terminated. Conduct the Case Conference with the lawyer assigned to the file and ensure that limitation periods are tracked in our systems.
- Work closely with the partner and associate lawyer on all files.
- Forward medical information for IEs to IE facility, letter to insurer for CV's and questions, letter to client and a call to client to ensure attendance if appropriate.
- Contact insurers when benefits are not paid or delayed.
- Return phone calls in a prompt manner to insurers, clients, rehab professionals, etc. Respond to emails in a timely manner. Route documents via email when required and appropriate to associates. Attend seminars and conferences on the firm's behalf and attend networking events as required to promote the firm.
- The candidate will have their own office and their own dedicated AB Assistant to assist them with paperwork and administrative tasks
- Paid Overtime
- Hybrid work schedule
- Dental care
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Flex time
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Time Off
- Company Events
- Accident Benefits Adjuster (at least 5 years with an automobile insurer in Ontario)
- Current CIP designation or in progress
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence to Pearl Graham at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter, resume and reference letters if available.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Oatley Vigmond LLP; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Oatley Vigmond is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and welcome applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.oatleyvigmond.com.