Lead, Property & Casualty
- Farm Mutual Re
- Cambridge, ON
- Job Category
- Job Type
Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
We currently have an incredible opportunity for a Team Leader, Underwriting Quality within our Underwriting and Loss Control Programs Department. Within this exciting position, you will be empowered to lead an underwriting quality team and act as a liaison between Farm Mutual Re, our mutuals and their association to support organizational performance and Member Company satisfaction. You will lead and collaborate on the creation of action plans to mitigate underwriting risk through the development of underwriting best practices and execute underwriting initiatives the help Farm Mutual Re and the Mutual Community succeed!
This role has responsibility for leading the underwriting quality team. The team provides internal reinsurance underwriting control by conducting audits on the underlying portfolio. The incumbent builds relationships with internal and external interested parties and sets team procedures to influence and support the mutual community in achieving long-term business success.
The job is hybrid and may involve infrequent travel to our mutual members.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Seek synergies with Reinsurance Underwriting, Loss Control, LC Technical Development and Ontario Mutual Insurance Association to influence consistent underwriting practices throughout the mutual community,
- Manage an end-to-end audit cycle process,
- Lead the underwriting quality program to achieve department goals and service standards,
- Lead underwriting best practices initiatives to convert audit findings into actionable plans that improve profitability,
- Provide technical underwriting guidance to the team, membership and their association and other interested parties,
- Develop and deliver workshops, seminars and presentations,
- Support the delivery of underwriting programs, including Portfolio Management and member consultations.
- Strong technical knowledge with 7+ years experience in P&C underwriting lines of business.
- Prior experience in a supervisory or management role is required.
- A post-secondary education is required, preferably in business or a related discipline.
- Completion or working towards a professional designation such as the CIP/FCIP.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and take initiative in an unstructured environment,
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to develop deep-rooted relationships, influence change and exhibit a collaborative leadership style,
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize competing demands and projects.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and
- Demonstrates a complement of product, pricing, and underwriting knowledge in decision making.
Join Our Team!
Operating since 1959, Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability, and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
We are more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that help us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees, and business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community, but we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Flexibility and work life balance are key, that’s why we have enabled our employees to work in a hybrid environment. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, a schedule of both virtual and in-person fitness classes and wellness programming, including a Wellness Coach. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy, and family-oriented lifestyle.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete the Employment Application found on our careers page.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.
In accordance with our company values, Farm Mutual Re is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or age.