Claims and Loss Prevention Analyst
- George Weston Ltd.
- 22 St. Clair Ave E, Toronto
- Job Category
- Job Type
Claims and Loss Prevention Analyst, George Weston Limited:
George Weston Limited (“GWL”) is a major Canadian public company, founded in 1882. GWL’s portfolio of companies includes Loblaw Companies Limited and Shoppers Drug Mart, representing Canada’s largest food and drug retail businesses, and Choice Properties REIT which is Canada’s preeminent diversified Real Estate Investment Trust. Choice Properties REIT owns over 700 high quality commercial and residential properties across Canada, and with over 2,400 stores, Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart retail operations reach most Canadians, serving their everyday food, health, and wellness needs. Through this group of companies, GWL owns and operates several iconic Canadian brands including Loblaw, Shoppers Drug Mart, President’s Choice, No Name, Life, Joe Fresh, Quo, PC Financial and T&T Supermarket.
As a Claims and Loss Prevention analyst you will bring risk management expertise to lead enterprise-wide best practices to the core operations of George Weston Limited and its diverse company affiliates.
As a valued team member, you will play a vital role by overseeing the claims management function for all lines of commercial business by developing a claim handling philosophy, conducting claim reviews/audits on insurer services, providing reserve and settlement authority to achieve timely and equitable claim settlement, and facilitate the recovery effort on large complex claims (i.e. property, casualty, workers’ comp, cyber, etc.)
- Engage and collaborate with key industry relationships, insurers/third party adjusters, insurance brokers, legal counsel, to develop and implement strategies for bringing files to timely and cost-effective resolution.
- Interpret and confirm insurance coverage using background knowledge of relevant case law combined with a thorough understanding of policy wordings.
- Investigate, evaluate and settle a diverse claim pending of litigated and non-litigated claim files. Skills and experience with negotiation is key
- Ensure file reserves are set on a timely and accurate basis, in line with company protocols
- Implement effective vendor and litigation management on all claim files
- Provide excellent and timely communication on claims matters to corporate stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of loss data from various sources, summarize findings, provide insights, make recommendations.
- Produce reports to provide quarterly updates on loss data and program development.
- Proficient in preparing presentations and presenting to senior management
In addition, lessons learned from various loss experiences will be used to develop a risk engineering/ loss control program geared to enhance awareness, mitigate risk and maintain consistent and effective implementation. In collaboration with key industry players, (i.e. risk engineering consultants and insurers) the claims and loss prevention analyst will create programs to address inherent risk within our operations and property portfolio.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in finance background with 5+ years of insurance claims adjusting experience in commercial general liability, property, and subrogation.
- Completion of Chartered Insurance Professional or FCIP designation or Licensed independent adjuster.
- Practical knowledge and experience handling claims in Canada & the USA.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the willingness to take initiative to navigate within a complex & fast paced environment.
- Sound computer skills, strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.), and the ability to quickly learn new software if required
- Ability to speak a second language (French) is an asset
- Strong work ethic and time management skills in order to efficiently handle a large case load
- Team player with a positive mindset
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Unique opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic team with a proven industry leader.
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and career development within the Weston companies.
- Dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Employee share ownership program and pension plan.
- Continuous learning through development reimbursement.
- Summer hours.
- Business-casual attire / Dress for your day.
- Strong culture of diversity and inclusivity.
- Commitment to community support and volunteerism.
- Recognition and social events.
More search results
Senior Field Claims Adjuster - Large Loss (Edmont…
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Account Manager, Member Services (Insurance Broke…
Medallion Group Insurance, by McFarlan Rowlands
Inspector (Loss Control) - East Toronto
Intermediate Commercial Underwriter
Middlesex Mutual Insurance Co.
Supervisor, Claims - Property Farm (Alberta, Remo…
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company