Operational Data Analyst-Claims (Power BI)
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca
This position will be primarily responsible for delivering management reporting and analysis on behalf of the Claims department. As part of the reporting scope, you will proactively develop and manage Power BI dashboards to facilitate consistent sharing of data and reports with all stakeholders. You will leverage data engineering and visualization to enable translation of data into actionable insights to drive new business opportunities and optimize operations.
Reporting to the Claims Director and VP - Claims, you will have exposure to both personal and commercial property lines and contribute to business driven Data Projects with valuable career development potential. This role is located at our Head Office in Downtown Toronto and is ideal for an innovative thinker with a growth mindset, who is eager to learn and develop.
• Responsible for the delivery of reporting services, leveraging both automation techniques and manual reporting;
• Understand and deliver complex, Monthly, Quarterly and ad-hoc report analytics requests leveraging analytics expertise.
• Deep subject matter expertise in data engineering, visualization and related functional domains to deliver robust analysis and generate and support insights and analysis to Management;
• Maintain and update current dashboards and make recommendations to management for improvem ent;
• Collaborate with Data and Analytics Team to automate standard reporting and develop the reporting landscape;
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Treaty, Regional Offices, Digital Distribution and New Solution Development to support their needs for Claims Data Reporting and Analysis across all products;
• Participate in data correction and testing as needed.
• University Degree in Applied Data Science, Data and Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science;
• 3 to 5 years of experience in delivering functional reporting solutions for business with the ability to compile, analyze, present and translate findings from analytics to concrete suggestion for business opportunities and to facilitate decision making;
• Advanced programming knowledge and data processing abilities (using tools such as MS Office, in particular advanced Excel, Power BI and languages such as VBA, SQL), deep knowledge of databases, analytics tools and experience with data cubes is required;
• P&C experience with an understanding of key Claims data points is a definite asset;
• Strong Analytical, Storytelling and Problem-solving skills and looking for efficient, automated solutions;
• Ability and desire to learn and adapt quickly to a changing and fast-paced environment;
• Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads and multiple projects and meet time sensitive deadlines with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Strong Team Player and ability in effectively collaborating within a team as well as cross-functional areas;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• A positive, professional attitude is essential for this role;
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Assistant Product Manager, Personal Auto
Intermediate Underwriter (Commercial Property)
Commercial Underwriter / Analyste de risques en a…
Promutuel de l'Estuaire
Senior Product Analyst (Personal Property)
SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance)
Experienced Insurance Advisor
Alberta Motor Association