Manager, Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Ministry of Public and Business Service Delivery
- $90,348 - $136,530 Per Year
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
ATTENTION: Forward-Focused Leaders!
Are you an experienced people leader and claims manager with a strong background in automobile insurance and statutory accident benefits claims? If so, the Ministry of Public and Business Service Delivery invites you to consider this opportunity to lead the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Unit team of accident benefits examiners in the delivery of automobile claims services to the public!
As a leader of the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Unit, we will count on your leadership in achieving our mission by fostering an inclusive work environment that values service excellence, accountability, innovation, and responsiveness to the evolving needs of Ontario.
The Risk Management and Insurance Services Brach (RMISB) was formed as a centre of excellence staffed by professionals with technical insurance and claims knowledge and expertise. The Branch manages the government's insurance needs, including acquisition, claims management, and advisory services.
Under the RMISB, the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund (MVACF) provides compensation to people injured in automobile accidents involving unidentified and uninsured vehicles where no other insurance exists to respond to the claims.
***Be sure to check out the Manager Recruitment Unit's Application Preparation Guide for Aspiring Managers for tips on creating an impactful application!
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Director of Risk Management & Insurance Services Branch, you will:
• Manage statutory accident benefits claims, disputes between insurers, and tort claims for the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund (MVACF).
• Provide technical advice to stakeholders, ministry program areas/legal counsel on insurance coverage issues, claims handling standards, protocols and process, mediation/litigation.
• Lead, and provide technical guidance and coaching to, staff.
• Lead program and service delivery review/evaluation processes to assess and measure effectiveness and accountability.
• Develop case management strategies and projects for the research, development and implementation of new/revised claims policies.
• Provide analytical reports, recommendations, briefing notes and advice to the management team.
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Management Skills:
• You demonstrate the leadership behaviours, attributes and mindsets to lead the Ontario Public Service (OPS) into the future.
• You have the ability to manage a team by building trust, communicating values, strategies, and expectations, and promoting an engaged and inclusive environment.
• You have experience providing strategic leadership, technical guidance, and coaching to staff.
• You possess strong people management skills and have experience managing difficult conversations.
• You have knowledge of human resources practices, policies, directives and collective agreements in relation to recruitment, training and development, and labour relations.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
• You have strong knowledge of claims file handling and management protocols and procedures to provide technical expertise in support of the claims management program.
• You have solid and extensive experience in the negotiation and settlement of complex accident benefits and personal injury claims and structured settlements.
• You have experience in interpreting and applying the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule, and the Insurance Act, and familiarity with the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Act.
• You have experience in negotiation, mediation, arbitration, pre-trials, and other legal proceedings, including attending at the Licence Appeal Tribunal and at Arbitrations.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and best practices of automobile insurance claims administration.
Program Management and Decision-Making Skills:
• You can effectively manage expectations and lead the effectiveness of program and service delivery.
• You demonstrate decision-making skills and creative solutions to problems to resolve obstacles and conflicts.
• You have the ability to manage and drive transformational change and address opportunities for continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
Communication and Relationship Management Skills:
• You have proven oral and written communication skills to negotiate settlements, and conduct, and participate in, mediations, arbitrations and hearings.
• You are able to prepare reports, correspondence and briefing notes, and respond to a range of queries.
• You demonstrate stakeholder management skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships of trust with senior management, clients and partners.
Salary Range: $90,348 - $136,530 Per Year
- 1 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 190743, by Wednesday, November 30, 2022. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Claims Technical Specialist - Strategy
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Independent Adjuster (Property & Casualty)
QA Adjusting Company
Customer Relationship Coordinator (CRC) & Admin C…
Field claims adjuster
Kootenay Adjusting & Consulting Ltd
Field Claims Adjuster - Property (Red Deer)
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company