Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
We currently have an amazing opportunity to join one of Waterloo Region’s top employers as a Risk Assessor within our Loss Control Programs Department. With this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest, transparent, delivers on their promises and is committed to doing what is right.
This is a remote role based in South-Western Ontario. The successful applicant will be required to travel to policy holder properties to complete on-site risk assessments at a variety of locations including residential, commercial, and agricultural properties.
Your role will involve working as a risk assessor to complete loss control risk assessments of large and complex policyholder properties.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Perform detailed risk assessments of policyholder properties, considering the fire code, building code, electrical code or any other codes or standards that may apply
- Use of technology and tools such as tablets, laser measurers, software, and drawing programs
- Use thermal imaging technology to assess the condition of the electrical and mechanical systems
- Review the site for potential physical, environmental, and liability concerns
- Assist in responding to risk management or loss control questions from Farm Mutual managers, underwriters, loss prevention personnel, policyholders or brokers and agents
- Prepare and deliver loss control or technical training to Member Company employees or the public
- Continually keep current of new standards and codes, or new construction methods for farm buildings, commercial and residential properties
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Progressive experience performing Risk Assessments or Loss Control Assessments of both farm and commercial properties
- Post-secondary education in a related field, e.g., a ticketed trade such as an electrician, carpenter, or stationary engineer or a diploma in engineering technology such as fire protection engineering
- Possess or working towards related designations, e.g., C.Tech, C.E.T, CIP, CRM, WETT
- Thorough knowledge of agribusiness, farming, and commercial operations and their related issues
- Thorough knowledge of farm and commercial construction practices
- Must have a working knowledge of the National Building Code, the Ontario Electrical Code, Ontario Fire Code, and various CSA or other standards
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent computer skills are mandatory
- Proven ability to work independently and to organize workload and schedule
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, report writing, and analytical skills are mandatory
- Knowledge of thermal imaging cameras would be beneficial
- The ability to travel extensively within a predetermined area with overnight trips – 80% travel within the province of Ontario, with occasional out of province travel
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are mandatory
Join Our Team!
Recognized as one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers 2022 as well as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, at Farm Mutual Re we are committed to inclusion for all and cultivating belonging where everyone can be their authentic and best selves. Operating since 1959, Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability, and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada.
We are passionate about empowering and supporting our employees and business partners. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees, and valued business partners.
Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks including complimentary access to an on-site gym, a variety of fitness classes and wellness sessions, a ping-pong table, and mini massages as well as the flexibility to work remotely as we embrace the modern hybrid work environment. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced and healthy lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employee’s continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
How to Apply:
Do not miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and submit your resume here: https://www.farmmutualre.com/current-opportunities/
In accordance with our company values, Farm Mutual Re is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.
More search results
Supervisor, Commercial Property Claims
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Bodily Injury Claims Specialist
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group - 342622
Portfolio Analyst - Personal Lines OR Specialty L…
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group - 342622
Education & Events Coordinator - IIM
Insurance Product Manager – Specialty Lines
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada