Cognition+ is a team of talented and dedicated people on a mission to deliver transformative digital solutions to insurance companies of all sizes. In addition to a fully customizable Enterprise Insurance Management Platform, Cognition+ offers on-demand support, connectivity, cybersecurity, and development services. Founded in 1993, we have gained a deep understanding of our client’s business needs and challenges and have invested in R&D to build the next-generation of insurance technology solutions.
With a focus on teamwork, commitment, and trust, we know it takes people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures to make a company succeed. We believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services to keep our clients on the leading edge. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity for your work to make a lasting impact and your career to grow then we want to meet YOU!
Why Choose Cognition+
- Competitive compensation package;
- Flexible work hours that offer work/life balance;
- Opportunity to learn, grow and innovate;
- Friendly and supportive team environment; and,
- Opportunity to provide your input into making this organization successful.
We are looking for a qualified Project Manager to work within the Project Management Office. You will work directly with Cognition+ Inc. teams to deliver projects to cost, schedule, and agreed upon scope. You will participate in planning, monitor progress, provide direction and influence as needed, implement change controls in a timely manner, and document comprehensively.
You will have direct experience working with clients, developing relationships of trust, and managing precise communications. You will participate in client implementation projects where you will define, oversee and execute the delivery of software to clients, while supporting change management activities.
Your specific authority levels will vary by project, and you will be working with functional groups in a matrix environment, where your influence and respect drives the team.
This position can be performed from our office in London, Ontario or remotely within Canada. Remote-based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events.
- Work collaboratively with functional groups in a matrix environment to deliver projects to schedule, scope, and cost;
- Lead project planning activities and manage client implementation projects including defining project requirements and development of project charters, project plans, and schedules;
- Deliver the core product solution to the client by assisting clients in implementing the company’s products, ensuring that the client has a positive user experience of the product;
- Monitor project progress and escalate project issues and deviations as required;
- Direct, support, and influence project delivery teams;
- Implement change control;
- Identify and manage project risks;
- Ensure appropriate project documentation is completed in a timely fashion, including project status reports;
- Collaborate with Product Owners to ensure appropriate delivery of project scope;
- Work with resource managers to ensure projects are appropriately resourced;
- Participate in backlog grooming and sprint planning;
- Execute the company’s implementation roadmap by ensuring implementation projects are started as planned and successfully completed;
- Participate in the development of implementation approach, plans and related documentation as new system areas are developed and require implementation;
- Contribute to best practices and procedures of the PMO, including development and refinement of procedures and templates;
- Perform role of Scrum Master, if assigned; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- PMP designation and/or a University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline;
- Knowledge and proactive experience in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid methodologies;
- Ability to manage customer needs with several years’ experience leading projects and teams;
- Experience leading software development teams, and delivery of software solutions to expectations;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams towards task completion;
- Experience managing risks and resolving issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be self-motivated and client experience oriented;
- Strong team orientation, both internally and externally;
- Strong technical skills and a conceptual understanding of computer technology as it relates to business applications and to the insurance industry;
- Knowledge and proactive experience in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid methodologies; and
- Travel to customer sites may be required.
Nice To Have
- Experience in the P&C Insurance Industry in the areas of Policies Underwriting, Claims and/or Accounting.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Cognition+ is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-432- 8553 ext. 362.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.
More search results
Claims Operational Analyst
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Senior Underwriter - Commercial Lines
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Commercial Property Inside Claims Adjuster
Inside Property Claims Adjuster
Claims Administrator (On-site, Office-based)
The MEARIE Group