Cognition+ is a team of talented and dedicated people on a mission to deliver transformative digital solutions to insurance companies of all sizes. In addition to a fully customizable Enterprise Insurance Management Platform, Cognition+ offers on-demand support, connectivity, cybersecurity, and development services. Founded in 1993, we have gained a deep understanding of our client’s business needs and challenges and have invested in R&D to build the next-generation of insurance technology solutions.
With a focus on teamwork, commitment, and trust, we know it takes people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures to make a company succeed. We believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services to keep our clients on the leading edge. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity for your work to make a lasting impact and your career to grow then we want to meet YOU!
Why Choose Cognition+
- Competitive compensation package;
- Flexible work hours that offer work/life balance;
- Opportunity to learn, grow and innovate;
- Friendly and supportive team environment; and,
- Opportunity to provide your input into making this organization successful.
As a Business Analyst on our Product Development Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design of business solutions of our core product solution for the insurance industry at our Canadian Mutual Insurance clients. The successful candidate will be involved in evaluating standard business practices along with the elicitation of unique customer requirements.
This position can be performed from our office in London, Ontario or remotely within Canada. Remote-based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events.
- Identify solution options that meet the needs of stakeholders, and estimate the potential value that could be realized for each solution option;
- Work with the project manager to execute and successfully complete the project plan on time;
- Provide solutions to Product Owners, in a timely manner;
- Participate in User and Focus Group meetings, as required;
- Perform requirement lifecycle management; Document Use Cases, Acceptance Criteria and Functional Specifications to clearly define the business needs;
- Execute the company’s implementation roadmap by ensuring development projects are started as planned and successfully completed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- A University Degree or College Diploma in a related field;
- Experience in the property and casualty insurance industry;
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail;
- Positive customer service skills, including sales and marketing;
- Strong team orientation, both internally and externally; and
- Strong technical skills and a conceptual understanding of computer technology as it relates to business applications and to the insurance industry.
Nice To Have
- Experience with the IBS or Cognition+ Platform;
- Experience in an Accounting or Billing role;
- F/CIP designation or working towards F/CIP designation;
- Business Analysis Accreditation; and
- Knowledge of accounting, underwriting and claims within the Farm Mutual industry.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Cognition+ is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 519-432- 8553 ext. 362.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.
More search results
Barnescraig & Associates
Claims Operational Analyst
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Senior Underwriter - Commercial Lines
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Commercial Property Inside Claims Adjuster
Inside Property Claims Adjuster