We have four questions for you:
- Are you interested in working for a company that puts people ahead of profits?
- Are you looking for a company that is progressive and strives for work/life harmony?
- Are looking to live in a town that is architecturally-rich, surrounded by breath- taking nature, and offers a robust arts and culture scene?
- Are you passionate about insurance?
Then look no further, as this position is for you.
On behalf of West Wawanosh Mutual Insurance (WWMIC) located in the heart of beautiful Goderich Ontario, we are searching for a Director, Operations. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be a key member of the executive and senior leadership teams. You will be responsible for all operational and service areas within WWMIC including Sales (Agents/Brokers), Marketing, Underwriting, Claims, IT, and Loss Control. You thrive in collaborative environment and have a track record of nurturing individuals and building team bench strength within a cohesive and positive working environment. Your people first attitude is energetic and focused on creating efficiency and an exceptional policyholder experience. You ‘roll up your sleeves’, work alongside your team and enhance the overall culture.
If you are looking for a leadership and lifestyle opportunity in Southern Ontario, all within a supportive, family-like team environment, then we invite you to submit your application.
Vision “Peace of Mind in times of Chaos”.
West Wawanosh Mutual Insurance (WWMIC) was formed in 1879, by a group of farmers who banded together when other insurance companies refused to help. They have a deep history of supporting their neighbours and a commitment to strong relationships and local connections.
With 25 employees, WWMIC currently underwrites approximately $22.2 million in gross written premium and has a sizable surplus. Located in beautiful Goderich, Ontario, WWMIC is a fully licensed multi-line insurer for commercial, farm, residential, and automobiles to communities such as Blyth, Goderich, Seaforth, Lucknow, Kincardine, Hanover, Owen Sound, Bracebridge, and Parry Sound. WWMIC is a stable and solid community minded company that puts their policyholders at the forefront of business decisions.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Property and Causality insurance industry including 5 years’ experience leading claims and/or underwriting teams
- A passion for operations; Ability to create or modify work processes to move business operations forward and improve efficiencies
- High emotional intelligence; Ability to build internal and external relationships that are in line with the WWMIC values
- Advanced analytical skills to review information, from all lines of business, in order to identify cause and effect relationships to build solutions and new insurance products
- Solid experience working with contract law as it pertains to insurance contracts and brokerage agreements
- University degree in business and/or equivalent work experience
- Certified Insurance Professional (CIP) designation; Fellowship Certified Insurance Professional (FCIP) designation, an asset
- Previous experience working within the mutual insurance industry, an asset
- Concrete working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Adobe
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, is required
Qualified individuals are invited to apply with their résumé and a cover letter, by October 11th, 2022 including a confidential statement of compensation expectations. Questions about this opportunity may be directed to Manie Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.599.8433 (talk/text).
If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible, so appropriate arrangements can be made.
Satori Consulting thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Manager, Ottawa Chapter
Regional Municipality of Niagara
Commercial Lines CSR
McCaslin Horne Insurance Brokers Inc.
Claims Specialist (CIP Qualified) - Based in Calg…
Claims Adjuster (Commercial Lines) 3-5 years
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada