Nova Mutual is looking to add a Financial Analyst to the Finance team. This role will be a critical member of the finance department; compiling and analyzing financial data, while upholding the values of Nova.
A bit about Us:
- Our team works remotely, with the flexibility of being able to attend the office when needed;
- Our unique vacation policy supports our team in taking the time they need;
- We offer an incentive plan;
- We provide continuing education opportunities.
A bit about You:
- You're an experienced accountant and hold a CPA designation.
- You're an entrepreneur at heart, a motivated self-starter, and an excellent communicator.
- You're a team player with a penchant for critcial thinking.
- You love a challenge and the satisfaction that comes from achieving goals through working with a high-performing team.
A bit about the Role:
- Compiling and consolidating financial data necessary for accurate and timely monthly and quarterly reporting of business results including monthly accruals, investment, and reinsurance accounting.
- Analyzing accounting pronouncements and standards ensuring transactions are accounted for in accordance IFRS accounting principles;
- Preparing monthly financial reports and supporting schedules, providing analysis and commentary
- Leading the year end audit function working closely with the external auditors;
- Monitoring, evaluating, and enhancing accounting and internal control systems where necessary.
- Assessing current operations, offer recommendations for improvement, and implement new processes where needed;
- Providing the Leadership Team with timely, accurate and relevant information that will assist in decisions leading to improved efficiencies and cost reductions or revenue generation;
- Assisting the CFO in the annual budget and planning process;
If this interests you please apply below.