Field Claims Adjuster
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Working within predetermined authority levels and under the direction of the Claims Manager, Claims Specialists investigate, evaluate, and negotiate low to moderate commercial and residential property and casualty insurance losses reported by Red River Mutual Policyholders. The Claims Specialist is responsible for communicating with policyholders, licensed insurance brokers and other various stakeholders to achieve an efficient and fair resolution to all assigned claim files.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- By traveling to various loss sites in a predefined territory, work with Policyholders to investigate the circumstances of reported losses using various investigation techniques
- Review complex policy wordings to evaluate the availability of insurance coverage for reported losses
- Effectively communicate the results of the coverage review verbally and in writing to the policyholder and independent insurance broker
- Engage and coordinate various internal and external experts to assist in the investigation, evaluation, or indemnification of the loss
- Negotiate resolution of insured losses based on the results of the investigation
- Where required, travel to catastrophe loss sites outside adjusting territory to aid in the adjudication of losses.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma
- Post –secondary education considered an asset
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or willingness to work toward
- Minimum 1 year field adjusting experience or 2 years underwriting/insurance sales experience.
- Experience in the customer service industry, farming, building construction, or roofing considered an asset.
- Proven teamwork, relationship management and collaboration skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills in stressful situations
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision making capabilities
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Advanced negotiation and conflict management skills
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Claims Connect, Mobile Claims, Xactware, and Guidewire
- Solid understanding of building construction/renovation techniques
- Ability to handle fluctuating workloads and demanding timelines
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Comfortable working at heights
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request any time during the recruitment process. Our Accessible employment policies and practices are available on request and in accessible formats. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats of communication and/or request an alternative method of applying for a position by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-370-2888 (toll free).