Manager, Examinations Administration
Reports to: Registrar and Director, Examinations
Job Summary: The incumbent of this position manages and coordinates the administration of all examination products and exam locations to provide a professional and fair testing environment for all students.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery and administration distribution of Institute examinations both virtually and in-person proctored.
- Manage accommodation requests.
- Manage the exam location procurement process by maintaining relationships with local institutes and chapters and third-party facilities.
- Manage the exam administration process through effective management of staff including performance management, coaching and development.
- In consultation with the Director, ensure final examination results are accurate and final grades are available to students within established timelines.
- Manage the process for confirming graduates, including prize winners and related communications.
- In collaboration with IIC IT staff and other technology partners, ensure system availability and optimal performance for administration distribution of exam product for students and markers.
- Work in collaboration with Director to research best practices in exam administration and contribute to policy and rule updates, as necessary.
- Propose process improvements to the Director as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with Member Services, Operations, IT teams, local institutes, departments, and external system consultants/vendors to provide exam administration insights in support of business and technology initiatives.
- Produce data and make recommendations to support strategic decision making.
- Create and manage process plans and related documentation in accordance with established process and tasks.
- Oversee investigation of exam related incidents, inquiries, and complaints
- Manage vendor payment process.
- Work with Technology partners (SaaS) to ensure system availability, reporting needs, escalate and troubleshoot issues in a timely manner .
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements by following exam security protocols and ensuring candidate privacy and exam information security.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Develop working proficiency in all examination administration functions:
- Examination proctor recruitment and management
- Exam centre location procurement and scheduling
- Examination administration
- Grade reporting
Skills & Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Highly organized and self-directed
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Good project management skills
- Excellent time management skills – with ability to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient with computers and related business software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to make decisions quickly using good judgement
- University degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- French language skills preferred
Candidates will be expected to adhere to the Institute’s mandatory vaccination policy and provide proof of full vaccination for employment.
This is a hybrid employment mode with 6 days per month working in-person in the office and the remaining days working from home.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to September 25, 2022.
The Insurance Institute welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.