Cognition+ is a team of talented and dedicated people on a mission to deliver transformative digital solutions to insurance companies of all sizes. In addition to a fully customizable Enterprise Insurance Management Platform, Cognition+ offers on-demand support, connectivity, cybersecurity, and development services. Founded in 1993, we have gained a deep understanding of our client’s business needs and challenges and have invested in R&D to build the next-generation of insurance technology solutions.
With a focus on teamwork, commitment, and trust, we know it takes people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures to make a company succeed. We believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services to keep our clients on the leading edge. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity for your work to make a lasting impact and your career to grow then we want to meet YOU!
Why Choose Cognition+
- Competitive compensation package including benefits, group RRSP and incentive plan;
- Flexible work hours that offer work/life balance;
- Opportunity to learn, grow and innovate;
- Friendly and supportive team environment; and,
- Opportunity to provide your input into making this organization successful.
As a member of the Quality Assurance (QA) Team, you will have the opportunity to apply your insurance knowledge to support, maintain and ensure the quality of our insurance software system. In partnership with other members of the QA Team you will ensure effective end-to-end testing is completed and that our software will meet the needs of our Property & Casualty (P&C) and General Insurance clients. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks and develop your software testing skills.
This position can be performed from our office in London Ontario or remotely within Canada. Remote based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events.
- Apply insurance knowledge to ensure software meets clients’ needs.
- Responsible for decomposition of business and functional/system requirements to develop User Acceptance Test (UAT) scenarios and complete end-to-end testing.
- Collaborate with the Technology and Business Stakeholders to create and execute comprehensive test cases, analyze business and system requirements for test planning and execution, define traceability from requirements to test cases and participate in the defect resolution life cycle to ensure effective end-to-end testing is done for all of the products.
- Assist the QA Manager and Test Lead in the implementation planning process to ensure adequate business validation is performed by the impacted operational areas.
- Perform some or all of the following types of testing: user acceptance, functional, regression, and usability.
- Work collaboratively with the project team to communicate testing progress and status, prioritize and track defects to closure, discuss project updates and issues to ensure appropriate follow through to resolution.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience working in the Property & Casualty (P&C) and/or General Insurance industry; and/or a Professional Certification in Insurance.
- Knowledge of current insurance industry trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical thinking.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Good organizational and time management skills with an ability to complete multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies / tools.
Nice To Have
- Industry-related Professional Certification in Insurance (CIP, RIBO, GIE).
- Software Quality (ISTQB).
- A University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing Analysis or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and work experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle principles and Quality Assurance methodologies/best practices.
- Experience in the design of detailed functional and regression test plans, and the creation and execution of test scripts.
- Knowledge and experience in agile project methodologies, such as scrum.
- Knowledge of documentation/defect tracking tools such as JIRA, Confluence.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Cognition+ is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-432- 8553 ext. 362.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.