Account Associate/ Client Service Representative
POSITION TITLE: Account Associate/ Client Service Representative
STATUS: Full-time permanent position
The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and supports.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
One common thread running through HIROC’s culture is the feeling of being part of something unique: partnering to create the safest healthcare system – HIROC’s vision.
Each employee has the opportunity to find their calling and help build a stronger organization designed to meet the needs of its Subscribers. As a Top 100 GTA Employer six years running, HIROC employees are empowered to find solutions and create amazing experiences in service to its Subscribers.
Join us and be part of the team working to make a difference.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learning and understanding HIROC’s insurance services and various service departments to work collaboratively to ensure best possible outcomes for all inquiries while minimizing touches and providing excellent customer service/account management.
- Strengthen customer relationships through frequent phone and email communication.
- Review and professionally handle customer inquiries according to our service level agreement with a focus on quality and efficiency.
- Review insurance requests, such as third-party certificates, additional insureds, coverage summaries, endorsements, and other policy requests and prepare appropriate documentation.
- Prepare new business packages and coordinate onboarding.
- Aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information.
- Utilize electronic filing system (ImageRight), and CRM Dynamics for documenting subscriber interactions and other policy systems as required.
- Identify ideas for procedural or workflow improvements.
- Complete departmental specific reports or projects.
- Participate in corporate projects/initiatives as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced environment, works well under pressure and mindful of deadlines
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and other business-related software (Microsoft Dynamics CRM).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a critical component for success in this role.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- An interest in personal development and eagerness to learn new things.
- An enthusiastic and creative thinker, who is effective in a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and accountability and who is constantly driving service improvement and is passionate about creating the safest health care system possible for Canadians.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary Degree/College Diploma or equally relevant work experience.
- Have or working towards insurance designations such as CIP, CRM, CAIB, RPLU or other insurance courses an asset.
- 2 to 3 years commercial insurance experience in a client-facing role.
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid medical exemption or a valid exemption based on enumerated grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with HIROC's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
TO APPLY: Please submit your résumé to HR@hiroc.com
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.
More search results
Program Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
Royal Canadian Mint
Heartland Farm Mutual
Coordinator, Insurance Claims
The Corporation of the City of Mississauga
Specialist, Insurance & Risk Management
The Corporation of the City of Mississauga
President & Chief Executive Officer