From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Property Claims Intake Representative to join our growing team!
As a Property Claims Intake Representative, you will be the first point of contact in assisting customers through their property loss. You will help our customers through difficult times, demonstrating empathy and strong listening skills as you investigate a wide variety of claims through to completion. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a positive attitude, the ability to be agile and pivot when required, and strong organizational skills.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity available in one of our Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria, or Winnipeg offices.
This role will give you the chance to:
- Open new claims from customers via a phone queue.
- Assign new claims to appropriate property claims representatives.
- Provide superior quality of customer service to external and internal customers, and answer queries relating to the property claims process.
- Handle a pending of entry level inside property claims – which includes analyzing information, interpreting insurance policy wordings, determining coverage, assessing damage, and ensuring prompt and equitable settlements in-line with Intact’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Develop an action plan for conducting investigations by determining necessary information required to clarify and justify the claim.
- Keep clear and concise notes in the system to ensure that work is transferable to your colleagues.
- Training opportunities will be provided to develop skillsets to be able to handle more complex claims.
What you bring to the table:
- 1 year of customer service or administrative experience
- Adaptable and agile in a rapidly evolving business setting
- Demonstrated passion for customer service with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- A forward thinker and able to foster new ideas
- Superior organizational skills and results-driven
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict management skills
- Strong computer including excellent data entry skills
Flexible Work Arrangements
We’re proud to support a flexible hybrid approach which gives everyone the best of both worlds. While there are no minimum or maximum time requirements, each team’s need for in-person connections will be different and there will be times you’ll join your colleagues at the office.
More search results
Claims Representative II – Accident Benefits
Account Associate/ Client Service Representative
Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC)
Groupe Allstate du Canada
Red River Mutual
Claims Adjuster (Personal Lines)
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada