Inside Property Adjuster
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
As a Inside Property Claims Adjuster, you will assist customers with their property loss. You will help our customers through difficult times, demonstrating empathy and strong listening skills as you investigate a wide variety of claims through to completion.
This opportunity is available in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.
This role will give you the chance to:
- Analyze information gathered, interprets insurance policy wordings, determines coverage, assesses damage.
- Provide quality service and discuss settlement options with our customers.
- Provide clear and concise information to vendors.
- Develop an action plan for conducting investigations by determining necessary information required to clarify and justify the claim.
- Ensure prompt and equitable settlements in line with Intact’s policies and standards.
- Document the claim file by collecting information from appraisers, engineers or other pertinent experts to determine coverage
- Provide a superior quality of customer service to external and internal customers, and answer queries relating to the claims process.
- Within established authority limits, negotiate with customers, claimants, lawyers, and insurers to settle claims.
- Keep up to date on Intact’s insurance products, appraisal and investigation techniques, and services.
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years Property claims or customer service experience
- Xactanalysis experience is a benefit
- Basic construction knowledge is a benefit
- Adaptable and agile in a rapidly evolving business
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- A forward thinker and able to foster new ideas
- Superior organizational skills and results-driven
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to learn and work effectively in a remote environment
Flexible Work Arrangements
We’re proud to support a flexible hybrid approach which gives everyone the best of both worlds. While there are no minimum or maximum time requirements, each team’s need for in-person connections will be different and there will be times you’ll join your colleagues at the office.
More search results
Claims Adjuster (Commercial Lines) 3-5 years
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Member Representative and Broker
Commercial Account Manager
Senior Commercial Underwriter
Halwell Mutual Insurance Company
Commercial Lines Underwriter
The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of British Columbia