Xpert Underwriting is seeking a senior underwriter with significant liability expertise and, ideally, experience underwriting property and construction risks, including builders' risk and wrap up liability. Experience working with Lloyd's is a plus, but not necessary.
This is a work-from-home opportunity, and we will consider candidates across Canada.
You have these qualities:
- At least 5 years of underwriting experience including underwriting complex, liability-driven risks
- Superior analytical skills - you're an expert at distinguishing important details of a risk, and you focus on the things that matter
- An established network of brokers with whom you maintain excellent, professional relationships
- Highly detail-oriented - you get things right the first time, and getting things right really matters to you
- Very comfortable with technology, and you aren't intimidated by new systems or technologies
- A natural curiosity to grow and learn
- Flexible thinking - you are able to rapidly assimilate new information and change your mind as circumstances warrant - you don't double-down on obsolete information
- Prefer a smaller organization with a flat structure rather than a large organization with lots of hierarchy
- Treat everyone - co-workers, brokers, markets, customers, delivery people - everyone with respect and dignity; this is a deal-breaker for us
- Comfortable working independently, but also like to feel like you're a key part of a team - we provide a lot of technical and other support, including daily team video calls, but you'll be expected to manage your workload efficiently
- Eligible to obtain licensing (this will require a criminal record check).
If that sounds like you, and you're interested in working with a team of dedicated professionals busy building a great company, we'd love to hear from you. In any case, thanks for reading this far and giving us your consideration - we appreciate it.
Xpert Underwriting offers:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- Pension plan
- Education reimbursement
- A great, supportive team dedicated to your success
Xpert Underwriting is an MGA in the Canadian Property and Casualty insurance space, with a focus on underwriting construction, contracting, and manufacturing risks, as well as other, hard-to-place liability-driven risks. We are a Coverholder for Lloyd's of London, and deal extensively with various teams in London in the placement of risks. Xpert also deals with a number of Canadian insurers via in-house underwriting authorities. We transact exclusively with licensed insurance brokers, and help them find the best home for the placement of their customers' insurable risks.
We look forward to hearing from you.