Commercial Lines Account Manager
As a Commercial Lines Account Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our client files as well as the renewal cycle of an account, to advise the client on matters of coverage and pricing, to place the client’s risks with the most suitable market on a timely basis, managing their insurance policies – making policy changes, asking for advice, or inquiring about claims and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of documents and data according to the workflows of the brokerage.
As our Ideal Candidate, you are:
- Accurate, with attention to detail: despite whatever is going around you, you do your work accurately, not missing a single detail;
- Business focused and curious by nature: you love to learn what makes a business tick and advising on risk and insurance issues.
- Awesome: you are a nice, hard-working person who is looking to feel more like part of the family than an employee. You’re easy to get along with, and a pleasure for our team and clients to deal with;
- Able to speak up when it counts: You work for your clients. Sometimes that means being an advocate for your client with our insurers. You aren’t afraid to pick up the phone or go above and beyond when our clients need it;
- Clever: You pick up new concepts quickly and can apply your knowledge in order to problem-solve.
- Adaptable: You understand that change is a constant and can see the big picture when new processes or technologies are introduced.
- Must be a motivated self-starter and team player with evidence to prove it!
- College or University degree; focus on Business Administration; if not, experience working directly with business owners would be a great substitute.
Our Must Have:
- 5 years of industry experience, personal or commercial, commercial would be preferred;
Our Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Applied Systems’ specifically Epic and Policy Works;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products.
Our Work Environment:
- We value hard work, and commitment. We look for people who are looking for a long-term career, with the potential for upward mobility;
- Our working hours are 8:30 to 4:30
- We offer a flexible work environment with the ability to work remotely as needed.
- We are a professional and friendly office that strives to create an extremely comfortable atmosphere;
- We are dedicated to ongoing learning, in fact, it’s a requirement. We support and pay for all relevant personal development and technical training.
- We offer a benefits package, a corporate wellness program, optional RRSP matching, and a stellar compensation package.
- Commensurate with experience.