From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
As a Senior Property Claims Examiner you will be responsible for investigating complex commercial lines and personal lines property claims to ensure a prompt and fair settlement of claims that are in line with Intact’s policies and standards. This Senior Property claims team works in a fast-paced paperless environment responding to claims across western Canada.
This role can be located in Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton.
What you’ll do Here:
- Investigates complex losses through the use of an independent adjusting firm or inside company adjuster
- Analyse and review reports and documents
- Ensure prompt and equitable settlements
- Make initial call outs to customers reporting claims before an adjuster is assigned
- Evaluate each claim assigned and establish claim reserves
- Develop an action plan for conducting investigations in order to drive files to closure
- Negotiate settlements with customers by providing legendary service
- Communicate effectively with various departments and liaise with adjusters, experts, management, etc.
- Mentor and develop claims team members
- Participate in roundtable discussions
- Maintain business relationships with external vendor
What you bring to the table:
- Completed or are working toward a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- 5 years or more of property claims experience
- Understanding of personal and commercial lines insurance products
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
- Solutions oriented problem solver
- Ability to handle complex claims in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of basic interior/exterior construction an asset
- Understanding of Xactimate estimating software a strong asset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Flexible Work Arrangements
We’re proud to support a flexible hybrid approach which gives everyone the best of both worlds. While there are no minimum or maximum time requirements, each team’s need for in-person connections will be different and there will be times you’ll join your colleagues at the office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
More search results
Claims Representative II – Accident Benefits
Account Associate/ Client Service Representative
Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC)
Groupe Allstate du Canada
Red River Mutual
Claims Adjuster (Personal Lines)
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada