Fleet Transportation Underwriter - MGA programs
Modern Specialty Insurance Ltd. (MSI) is an independent Canadian owned MGA with program specific opportunities targeting the Transportation and Niche Habitational sectors. Through our close relationships with our broker partners we have identified the need in both these categories and have crafted leading edge programs to provide further value to brokers and their clients.
This position is responsible for underwriting of Commercial Automobile(Long Haul Fleet), Property and Casualty accounts. Including but not limited to new business, quotes, endorsements, renewals, and claims underwriting review. The incumbent will collaborate internally with all operating areas and externally with the Brokers.
Reports to Underwriting Team Leader
Primary Responsibilities: (consists of but not limited to)
- Manage tasks associated with New and Renewal Business Accounts, including policy issuance, endorsement underwriting and processing, premium transaction billing, data entry documentation using the MSI Policy Management system.
- Provide an eloquent and efficient message to broker and customer prospects, provide them with product information as requested
- Coordination of all data collection associated with Account Submissions received from Brokers.
- Gathering of all pertinent submission or renewal information for Underwriting Analysis
- Completing rating for new business and renewals.
- Ensure that all workflows, procedures, and underwriting guidelines and service standards are being adhered to.
- Adhere to all Company policy and all Insurance regulations.
- Understanding of the MSI Strategy and Product Value in order to articulate to distribution partners
- Underwriting Claims as they occur to ensure the ongoing acceptability of risk and/or need to assist the insured in mitigating future claims
- Risk Inspections – ordering, follow up on inspections, attachment of completed inspection and follow up on recommendations to ensure compliance
- Other duties as required from time to time
- Ability to commute to the office located in Burlington, Ontario, Canada (hybrid set-up)
- 3-5 years of Commercial Fleet Automobile experience required
- Understanding and usage of a company operating system or broker management system
- Bachelor Degree or CIP is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, organized, self-starter
- Strong work ethic, goal oriented
- Collaborative team player
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above responsibilities are representative only; management may modify the duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.