ABOUT FACILITY ASSOCIATION:
The Facility Association (“FA”) is an unincorporated non-profit organization established by the automobile insurance industry to ensure that automobile insurance is available to all owners and licensed drivers of motor vehicles where such owners or drivers are unable to obtain automobile insurance through the voluntary insurance market.
Additional information in relation to Facility Association is available on its website:
We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team as we expand the Underwriting, Claims and Operations department and continue to build on our unique position to serve the industry and the Canadian public. FA is continually transforming to serve our stakeholders better and we invite all persons who are passionate about insurance to apply for the position as a Claims Coordinator.
The primary objective of the Claims Team at Facility Association is to oversee functions related to Large Loss Claims, Run-Off Claims, the Uninsured Automobile Fund and Judgement Recoveries.
Reporting to the Director of Claims, the successful candidate will support the daily operations of the Claims Team as required. In addition to supporting the execution of projects and key tasks, the candidate will directly support the Senior Claims Analyst in the maintenance and administration of various claim types, as well as act as a liaison between the department and stakeholders.
The Claims Coordinator will act as a resource to internal and external stakeholders, by supporting the examination of relevant data on the Facility Association Residual Market mechanism and Risk Sharing Pools. A strong understanding and proficiency in using MS Excel and knowledge of MS Access are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the Claims Database including preparing reports (standard and ad hoc).
- Monitor outsourced claims to ensure quality assurance and excellent client service is achieved.
- Ensure timely preparation and issuance of claims payments on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the claims mailbox and incoming emails.
- Respond to inquiries from the general public, project managers, claimants, contractors, insurers/adjusters, lawyers etc.
- Liaise with Risk Sharing Pool Members and Servicing Carriers as required.
- Prepare agenda and material for the Claims Committee meetings and provide support to the team for the completion of post-committee duties.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing financial and claims reports, and all financial information associated with claims management including reconciling reserves and payments.
- Manage the filing of all documentation including claim files, incident reports and correspondence ensuring confidentiality and security of information storage and handling.
- Conduct regular updates to files ensuring they are current with liability information, reserves, payments etc. to ensure financial data is current.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for various stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Provide detailed analysis identifying trends and risk exposures.
- Provide support to review and maintain the Claims Guides, Forms and Internal procedures.
- Work with team members to develop and execute annual planning.
- Lead key projects and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Foster business relationships with external stakeholders and staff.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned, in accordance with job responsibilities or necessary departmental/ corporate objectives.
- 3-5 years automobile claims experience, with preference given to individuals with prior experience in Bodily Injury and/or Accident Benefits.
- Claims administration knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the automobile insurance regulatory environments in all the provinces and territories FA operates in.
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation, or actively working towards completion.
- Undergraduate Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Access and Excel, including prior experience creating pivot tables/forms.
- Excellent communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated track record in meeting deadlines, effectively working on multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully within cross-functional teams.
- Possess a creative, inquiring approach to problem solving.
- Strong business ethics for handling business-sensitive or confidential information.
- Proven ability to make independent judgements.
Please send résumé to:
This position qualifies under the Employee Referral Program. Facility Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.