Echelon Insurance provides Personal and Commercial Specialty Insurance solutions to protect Canadian families and businesses across Canada, through our trusted network of Broker partners. Echelon is a member of the CAA Club Group of Companies, and is an equal opportunity employer who offers a professional environment that champions collaboration, trust, and growth to drive success. We cultivate a great working dynamic to help us deliver what is best for our associates, Brokers, and Customers.
Who we are
Get ready to drive your career forward. Life at Echelon is fast paced, performance-driven and rewarding. We value our Associates' career growth and ongoing professional development – and we regularly recognize their achievements and outstanding results.
We are caring. We are leaders. We are innovators. We are collaborative.
We work hard and play hard. We're about doing what's right and feeling good about it.
What You Will Do
Manage a team of Unit Managers; hiring, performance management and day to day support of team.
- Provide direction, development and coaching to the Unit Managers
- Comply with all operational policies, procedures, controls and performance standards
- Prepare reports to management to reflect loss development, potential/actual financial exposure coverage issues and claim and recovery strategies
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and customer service standards.
- Works with management in executing claims corporate strategies, creating performance targets & Goals that compliment those strategies.
- Analyzing reports and creating action plans to ensure targets and goals are being achieved.
- Responds to customer concerns and complaints in an effective and timely manner when escalated,
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and communicate best practices, conduct process assessment and identify areas for efficiency gains.
- Some travel will be required.
Who You Are
- University degree preferred combine with 5 years of experience, CIP designation (asset), or industry experience as an equivalent
- Valid AMF license is required(Quebec) , 5a and 5b
- A minimum of 5-10 years of handling complex claims in auto, commercial and housing.
- Relevant claims experience, inclusive of technical and coverage issues, management / resolution. Working knowledge of Insurance Act and other legislation governing property and liability insurance claims.
- Proven record of Leadership skills, including coaching, counseling and mentoring skills
- Bilingual ( French-English) spoken and written
- Interpersonal skills and team player
- Great communication skills as well as the abilities to adapt to the audience
- Can work on several projects simultaneously
- Use of claim operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
What's in it for you
- Competitive total compensation and benefits package
- Annual shared success program based on performance
- Annual merit increases based on performance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with a matching contribution component
- Complimentary CAA Membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Echelon Insurance will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
As an organization we are focused on safety, which includes the safety and well-being of our Associates. Therefore, you must be and remain fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
More search results
Commercial Trucking/Fleet Underwriter
Modern Specialty Insurance Ltd.
Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
Ivy Tech Community College
Director- National Specialty Programs LHT & Comme…
Director of Products & Pricing
Claims Adjuster - Permanent
Barnescraig & Associates