Director- National Specialty Programs LHT & Commercial Auto
Echelon Insurance provides Personal and Commercial Specialty Insurance solutions to protect Canadian families and businesses across Canada, through our trusted network of Broker partners. Echelon is a member of the CAA Club Group of Companies, and is an equal opportunity employer who offers a professional environment that champions collaboration, trust, and growth to drive success. We cultivate a great working dynamic to help us deliver what is best for our associates, Brokers, and Customers.
Who we are
Get ready to drive your career forward. Life at Echelon is fast paced, performance-driven and rewarding. We value our Associates' career growth and ongoing professional development – and we regularly recognize their achievements and outstanding results.
We are caring. We are leaders. We are innovators. We are collaborative.
We work hard and play hard. We're about doing what's right and feeling good about it.
What You Will Do
National scope: Directing, Managing and Underwriting complex new, and existing Specialty Programs – Fleet, Garage, Towing and Long Haul Trucking – for MGA's and Brokers.
Responsible for leading and developing the skills of associates; ensuring compliance with Echelon’s corporate standards including audits, achieving business goals and operating within approved budgetary guidelines.
• Lead and plan risk assessments, pricing and coverage analysis
• Partner with Business Development, Actuarial and Claims to achieve profitable underwriting results through the growth, development, and underwriting of products and services.
• Make financially sound decisions based on a thorough understanding of financial management methods, the nature of risk and the costs of insurance
• Responsible for achieving, planning and improving operational goals, while adhering to client service standards and being compliant with company and industry regulatory standards.
• Direct and organize MGA underwriting audits with underwriting staff to address specific areas of concern and ensure MGA is working within Program agreements and authority. Review all findings; and direct timely correction of issues.
• Direct preparation of program specific and overall portfolio Reinsurance submissions.
• Accountable for achieving top line growth, loss ratios and overall profitability targets of Specialty
Who You Are
• University Degree Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting or similar
• 7 years in Commercial Auto and or Transport
• 5 years in managing leaders
• Bilingual French & English ( written and spoken)
• CIP or FCIP designation
• CRM exposure
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong math and analytical skills
• Proven record to work effectively in a team environment, and resolution and get the consensus and consultative approach Motivated, enthusiastic and self-directed.
• Initiative, sense of urgency, accountability and results-oriented.
What’s In It For You
• Competitive total compensation and benefits package
• Annual shared success program based on performance
• Annual merit increases based on performance
• Registered Retirement Savings Plan with a matching contribution component
• Complimentary CAA Membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Echelon Insurance will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
As an organization we are focused on safety, which includes the safety and well-being of our Associates. Therefore, you must be and remain fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.