Senior Business Development Specialist
Under minimal supervision the Senior Business Development Specialist is responsible for driving broker satisfaction, value, and growth by establishing and maintaining a consistent and formal frame work for business development strategies, processes, and tools to manage the brokerage relationships between Wawanesa and brokerage network, develop and achieve targeted business goals with contracted brokers, and develop opportunities to grow the business with new brokerages and territories within the regions, all which reflect Wawanesa’s regional and corporate strategies.
- Foster collaborative working relationships and act as a key liaison with both executive and regional offices to provide support in enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency with the broker network.
- Work with stakeholders to establish and monitor formal business development and sales plans.
- Analyze, identify and develop growth strategies that align to regional and corporate plans and goals.
- Understand and identify key brokerages, broker trends, as well as opportunities and threats within our broker network and communicate with relevant teams
- Establish, develop and lead business development and sales initiatives.
- Develop and maintain up to date and consistent broker templates for contracts, policies, annual broker reviews and other broker management reports.
- Develop, implement and maintain sales, marketing, and efficiency tools.
- Provide business development expertise for various corporate projects and processes.
- Coordinate postings and updates to portals to create a positive user experience through the consideration of look and feel combined with fresh and relevant information.
- Contribute to Rate and Product Change initiatives through the coordination of communication plans with various stakeholders.
- Maintain an internal SharePoint site of corporate documents to be used by business development staff to access approved and current forms, and to comply with our corporate records management policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7 years of insurance experience or relevant business development experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and proficiency with Excel.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills involving goal setting and results measurement, with the ability to develop effective plans that define activities, resources and timelines.
- Excellent presentation and training skills with the ability to effectively facilitate sessions and deliver powerful presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and ensure understanding.
- Excellent team player who facilitates high morale by encouraging others to be excited, motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify relationships, problems, and issues.
- CIP Designation considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in; Business, Marketing, Communications, or relatable field would be considered an asset.
- MicroStrategy experience considered an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Proven creativity in developing sales and presentation tools is an asset.
- Insurance product development, pricing and implementation are assets.