Bilingual Entry Level/Intermediate Property Claims Representative
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
We have an important and dynamic role at Intact Insurance, handling property damage claims and responding to catastrophic events. Our telephone adjusters are equipped with the knowledge and tools to investigate and settle claims over the phone. We strive to deliver a legendary customer experience on any given day and even when disaster strikes an entire community
We are looking for a customer driven individual with strong leadership abilities, who doesn’t shy away from solving complex problems. We are looking for a confident and empathetic individual that is a strong listener who can think on their feet to make decisions.
As a Bilingual Property Claims Representative, your purpose is to investigate and settle a high volume of claims with a wide variety of complexity. You will provide quality service and ensure prompt and equitable settlement of claims over the phone collaborating with key stakeholders.
This position can be based in either of our Atlantic offices: Dartmouth, Moncton or St. John’s.
NOTE: The level of role offered will be determined based on skills, experience and education.
With this purpose in mind, you will:
- Investigate and answer queries relating to claims by phone and written correspondence
- Develop an action plan for conducting investigations by determining necessary contacts, interviews, appraisals, and/or information required to clarify and justify the claim
- Negotiate and ensure prompt and equitable settlements are in line with corporate policies and standards
- Document the claim file by collecting appropriate reports and statements from key stakeholders (including appraisers, third party adjusters, claimants, Police, and any other pertinent experts to determine coverage)
- Analyze the information, interpret insurance policy wordings, determine coverage and assesses damage
- Provide legendary service to external or internal customers
- Be available to travel in times of catastrophe situations
What you bring to the table:
- 1-5+ years of claims customer service experience
- Chartered Insurance Professional designation, preferred
- Ability to learn quickly, listen attentively and think on your feet
- Make decisions while never compromising on our values and providing legendary customer service
- Strong negotiating skills through verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the curiosity to investigate and ask the question why
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity to think outside of the box while staying on purpose
- Strong leadership skills and the desire to coach and mentor your colleagues
- Self-confident in taking feedback well and motivated in constantly improving
- A desire to be a lifelong learner and continued education
- Bilingualism (English and French), is required
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Flexible Work Arrangements
We’re proud to support a flexible hybrid approach which gives everyone the best of both worlds. While there are no minimum or maximum time requirements, each team’s need for in-person connections will be different and there will be times you’ll join your colleagues at the office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.