Department: IIO Chapters
Reports to: Manager, Conestoga Chapter – IIO
Job Summary: The Education & Events Coordinator reports to the Manager, Conestoga Chapter. The role includes supporting the Chapter Managers with the planning, development, and delivery of educational products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with the other chapter managers, educational coordinators, specialists and administrators, the Education & Events Coordinator will support the development of educational offerings measured by quality scores and participation.
- Support the development of course offerings, seminars, licensing, CIP and events
- Work with volunteers to determine needs and build products where appropriate
- Develop, maintain solid relationships with subject matter experts, instructors, facilitators in order to drive chapter plans
- Annual review of client service requirements with key stakeholders to identify needs for change/improvement in services offered
- Provide a relationship management approach by creating value for both the customer and the organization. Utilize extensive product knowledge to match the customer needs appropriately
- Conduct follow-up activities to achieve and exceed customer satisfaction
- Support delivery of the daytime licensing and CIP equivalency programs in addition to review sessions
The Insurance Institute
- Promote awareness and participation in all Institute programs, products and services among members, stakeholders, the industry generally
- Participate in call out programs
- Promote membership renewal, retention and attract new members
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of local programs & services and stay informed on newly confirmed events
- Encourage local members to register/attend events, CIP classes, host in-house sessions where appropriate
- Follow-up on unpaid memberships and CIP students
- Provide on-going progress reports to Managers
- Assist with succession plans where appropriate – seek out potential instructors/SMEs, make recommendations
- Grow list of key contacts at many levels for companies within the Institutes through regular meetings, visits and communication
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Superior aptitude for multi-tasking simultaneously and effectively across a broad range of activities
- Highly skilled in developing and nurturing effective relationships and networks
- Strong presentation skills
- General knowledge of Social Media tools
- Thrives on working independently, but a positive team player
- High level of computer literacy with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, plus above average ability with Excel and Power Point
- University graduate or College graduate in a business or insurance discipline preferred
- CIP preferred with a minimum commitment to complete within time specified by the Institute management
- Five years’ work experience within the property-casualty insurance business
- Travel TBD – industry events and marketing visits to stakeholder offices once in person activity resumes
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants please submit a resume, and cover letter, to email@example.com prior to June 12th, 2022.
The Insurance Institute welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates will be expected to adhere to the Institute’s mandatory vaccination policy and provide proof of full vaccination for employment.
The Insurance Institute’s New World of Work model requires employees to work in-person in the office a minimum of six (6) days per month with the remaining days to be worked from home, with exact scheduling as per Institute requirement in consultation with the employee’s manager.