Executive Manager, Business Development
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Date Revised: May 10, 2022
We are an ambitious, growing company looking for a candidate with the right training and experience to provide the best service and products to our clients while working in a strong team environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a positive culture, along with training and development opportunities.
We are a direct writing property insurer that also sells auto insurance through our own brokerage.
To best serve our clients, we hire the best candidate based on their passion, experience, and knowledge. Therefore, our team is strong due to its diversity not necessarily because they share the same faith as many of our clients.
For over 60 years we have insured homes, farms, churches and businesses in the province of Alberta. To learn more about our history, mission, vision and so on, please visit: https://mmiab.ca/about-mmi/ .
- As part of the Executive Team, you will help shape the future of the company. You will collaborate with your peers, working together to develop the business plan that will allow us to meet the milestones outlined in our strategic plan.
- Drive sustainable, financial growth through the development and execution of company sales and marketing plans.
- The Personal Lines and Commercial Lines managers will report to you. You will use your extensive industry knowledge to help them:
- Develop processes and workflows.
- Find efficiencies.
- This is a full-time position with:
- Full benefits and bonus plan
- Hybrid work environment (working from home and the office)
- Plan, develop and oversee the overall business development strategy for the company
- Implement a targeted internet marketing strategy.
- Review all Insurance Advisor processes to find efficiencies.
- Conduct market research to find overlooked opportunities and provide feedback to the rest of the Executive Team about the best course of action.
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up to date on corporate competitors.
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning.
- Determine key business development KPIs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years of experience managing an insurance brokerage.
- Extensive experience working in high-growth insurance brokerages.
- Experience in implementing internet marketing plans.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: Identifying issues and resolving problems in a timely manner using creativity and good judgment.
- A self-starter with excellent leadership skills.
- High levels of honesty, discretion, and integrity.
- Exceptionally resourceful, self-sufficient, punctual, and reliable.
Working Conditions or Special Circumstances
- The work schedule is generally Monday-Friday, 7 hours per day, with a one-hour unpaid lunch. However, a manager may have to work odd or long hours at a time to complete special requests or projects.
- Physical requirements:
- Computer use for up to 7 hours per day
- Sitting for up to 7 hours per day
- Own transportation required