Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter
Milnco Insurance is a fast-paced Canadian owned Managing General Agency that provides innovative underwriting & placement solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. We are seeking an Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter to join our growing team. This position provides the opportunity to work either remotely and/or at our head office in a modern downtown Winnipeg office building.
The ideal candidate for this position will need to be detailed and accurate in their work and be able to juggle multiple priorities while showcasing great customer service to our brokers. We offer a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including an RRSP matching program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrite, issue and maintain small to medium commercial new business and renewals under our In-house authority contracts, adhering to all contract guidelines to ensure underwriting integrity is maintained
- Market and maintain small to medium commercial new business and renewals to Insurers
- Provide detailed instructions to Underwriting Assistants on how to issue new, renewal, endorsements or cancellations
- Maintain strong professional relationships with external insurance partners as well as broker partner offices
- Broker and Insurer visits as required
- Participate in team meetings, management meetings, and company-wide initiatives as required
- Participate in ongoing training and education
- An insurance designation preferred (ie. Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or working towards similar)
- 3 to 5 years of commercial insurance underwriting experience (experience underwriting in an MGA environment is an asset)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Prior experience working in TUW is an asset
- Confident self-starter willing to learn new tasks
Opportunity to work remotely is an option with attendance at the office in Winnipeg for meetings and/or training as needed.
Please e-mail your confidential resume and cover letter to Patrick Lien at email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Milnco (the “Company”), such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.