New Business Production Underwriter, Commercial Insurance
TITLE: New Business Production Underwriter
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Insurance
REPORTS TO: Manager, Commercial Insurance
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a desire to make a significant growth and profit contribution to our Commercial Property Department. The primary responsibility of a New Business Production Underwriter is to meet or exceed the commercial growth and profit goals for your assigned field of brokers.
Summary of Role & Responsibilities:
- Liaise between Company and assigned field of brokers to produce and underwrite profitable new Commercial Property /Casualty business within service standards in accordance with company guidelines and within assigned authority.
- Develop and maintain strong broker relationships.
- Analyze and evaluate results and use individual/collaborative judgment to maintain profit and growth.
- Communicate results, outstanding issues, opportunities to Manager and Director of Commercial Insurance.
- Record underwriting information for the purpose of evaluation, assessment, and profitability.
- Negotiate Facultative Reinsurance and process as required, within assigned authority and maintain facultative closings and certificates.
- Market Unica Commercial Insurance products and services to brokers through presentations.
- Assist with training and coaching of other staff as required.
- Any other duties as required
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong product knowledge, and the ability to make sound underwriting decisions
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, superb time management and organizational skills and strong negotiation and sales skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Accountability, customer-centric thinking, teamwork and a commitment to excellence.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years underwriting experience
- University / College degree
- Enrollment in or completion of the CIP (FCIP) Designation
Unica Insurance is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive work environment free of all forms of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in pursuing a job opportunity with Unica Insurance, and require accommodation, please advise us so that we can work with you to provide suitable accommodation in the recruitment and selection process. Unica Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
More search results
Commercial Trucking/Fleet Underwriter
Modern Specialty Insurance Ltd.
Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
Ivy Tech Community College
Claims Manager- Auto PD
Director- National Specialty Programs LHT & Comme…
Director of Products & Pricing