Field Claims Specialist - Level 2
Job title: Field Claims Specialist – Level 2
Job location: Remote
Join our team!
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group is not just another insurance company; we are a P&C Mutual company with solid grass roots within our community. We’re proud to be a leader within the P&C industry offering a Mutual experience rich with history, opportunity, and exceptional customer service. We are committed to profitable growth, team development, ingenuity, while having fun at work. We encourage a work-life balance, and we are serious about what we do.
The purpose of this position is to review, analyze, evaluate, and negotiate moderate to complex claims related to Property, Commercial & Liability losses within the field and from a virtual environment. The incumbent is responsible for investigating these losses directly, as well as assigning the appropriate relevant experts to assist in the effective management and resolution of the claim.
What you will do as a part of the team:
- Accountable for claims at all transaction levels including, coverage interpretation, evaluation, Reserve adjustments, payments, written and verbal communication, expert requirements and internal reporting requirements.
- Consults as required for authority requests with respect to payments and incurred handling
- Acts as coordinator for ensuring appropriate resources are utilized in the effective resolution of claims
- Ability to make onsite decisions when presented with a set of facts or circumstances
- Reviews claims queries and complaints and takes action, where necessary. Receives support, where required, in managing complex queries or complaints
- Supports, where required, the Underwriting and Finance department on claim development explanation and risk considerations
What you will need to succeed:
- Working knowledge of reading and interpreting all relevant policy wordings
- Working knowledge of reserve calculation and exposure
- Proficient knowledge of building and construction nomenclature
- Working knowledge of pricing norms and variables as relates to construction and content repair and replacement
- Working knowledge of vendor network and required coordination in the effective resolution of the claim
- Working knowledge of reinsurance restrictions of reinsurance treaty.
- Completion of College Diploma or University degree and a minimum of five years of insurance, preferably in claims is required.
- A valid Ontario Class G license, with no outstanding Criminal Code convictions or more than 10 demerit points or a combination thereof
- Working towards or completion of Certified Insurance Professional designation is required
- Great organizational skills and ability to multitask is required.
- Thorough attention to detail is a must to ensure accuracy of claims documents.
- Proficient mathematical skills are required with the ability to perform complex calculations when determining payable benefits.
- Effective communication skills: verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Sound morals, ethic and confidentiality with ability to develop trusting and effective working relationships with peers and employees.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and empathy are required when dealing withinsured’s and claimants
- Strong problem-solving skills and negotiation skills are required for this position
- Strong computer literacy, proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and Internet navigation.