Senior Commercial Underwriter
“Times like these call for a PERFECT FIT”
Wynward Insurance Group is a progressive company known for developing innovative insurance products and services for Canadian business and our broker partners from coast to coast.
Founded in 1920, we are proud to be 100% Canadian owned, conducting business in all 10 provinces and 3 territories. Our Head Office is located in Winnipeg MB, with additional offices in Halifax NS, London ON, and Regina SK.
We are looking for a self-motivated and disciplined insurance professional who is business minded, results driven and customer focused, with the ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Senior Commercial Underwriter will be responsible for the day to day activities involved in underwriting property and casualty business.
This individual will work 100% remotely from their home, which can be located anywhere within the province of British Columbia with a preference towards proximity to larger metropolitan areas.
- Assess, investigate and refer risks that are not within assigned authority levels.
- Research and evaluate submissions.
- Produce, negotiate and underwrite new and renewal business using our philosophies and guidelines.
- Deliver exceptional service to our brokers while ensuring quality underwriting standards are met.
- Meet or exceed team targets on new and renewal business, while maintaining profitability.
- Arrange facultative excess reinsurance when necessary.
- Order and review risk control inspections and follow up on recommendations.
- Review and analyze claims for account profitability and make appropriate recommendations for loss prevention.
- Develop and maintain broker portfolios through regular contact, including broker visits and attendance at industry functions and be proactive in driving success and developing new business opportunities.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of forms, wordings, and company products.
- Work closely with Management to develop and maintain positive business relationships and profitability.
- A minimum of 5 years Commercial Property/Casualty underwriting experience.
- Strong analytical, assessment, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good sales and negotiation skills, self-motivated, comfortable doing presentations.
- Good computer and keyboarding skills and familiarity with MS Office software.
- Completion of or working towards a CIP or FCIP designation.