Senior Construction Underwriter - Linx Underwriting
Linx Underwriting Solutions is looking for a Senior Construction Underwriter
Do you want to be a driving force in helping to deliver strong results and growing programs?
Are you interested in influencing new initiatives?
Do you consistently find ways to improve on the status quo and aim to not settling for “good enough”?
Are you interested in being a part of a close-knit team?
Are you looking to join a passionate and flexible team with growth potential?
If so, we’d love to meet you.
Linx Underwriting Solutions is an underwriting agency, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Aon Canada.
Linx specializes in underwriting industry-specific and product-specific. Linx acts as Managing General Agent (MGA) for domestic carriers and Lloyd’s syndicates. We are authorized to transact insurance business under Delegated Authorities. Linx provides a wide variety of insurance program offerings and continue to evolve our offerings.
Linx currently has offices in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary and offers hybrid working.
As a Senior Construction Underwriter, you will underwrite and handle a variety of builders risk, wrap up and annual contractor policies. You will work with a close-knit team of experienced construction underwriters and see the impact of your contributions daily.
- Be a key player and contributor in working with to expand the Linx Construction offering and programs
- Underwrite builders risk and wrap up policies for a variety of types and sizes of projects.
- Underwrite annual contractors P&C placements
- Analyze new business submissions, renewals and mid-term change requests to provide terms based upon our underwriting guidelines/authorities
- Develop clear and concise underwriting proposals for accounts which may fall outside underwriting authority
- Negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing within the parameters of our program underwriting guidelines/authorities
- Identify opportunities to upsell coverage, limits, or products
- Actively work to help grow and deepen construction program offerings within Linx
- Share your industry experience and knowledge with more junior team members, our broker force and our markets
- Build a network of relationships with our brokers and our various markets
- Market our offerings to our broker force.
- Maintain high level of service with your customer service focus and solutions-orientated approach
- Minimum 4 years of experience underwriting builders risk, wrap up and/or commercial property and casualty placements for contractors
- Detail oriented professional, with strong analytical, decision making and negotiation skills
- Innovative and creative problem solving
- Strong communicate skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and time sensitive environment
- Ability to work well independently, and to also collaborate as part of a bigger team
- Understands the time sensitivity of the project construction market.
- Experience working in an MGA is an asset
- Cross Canada experience is an asset
- Graduate from a recognized diploma program in Insurance, or an equivalent combination of work experience, education, and training within the commercial P&C insurance industry
- CIP designation, or actively pursuing.
- Interested in deepening your insurance underwriting knowledge is an asset
We offer you:
A driven total rewards package, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues ensure results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries ensure results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and clearing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to ensuring an accessible online application process for all candidates, including individuals with disabilities, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. The alternative application method is only available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or other need for accommodation
Aon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. We are committed to a diverse workforce.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
More search results
Senior Director (REX-09*) / Directeur principal (…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Intermediate Commercial Underwriter
Milnco Insurance Broker Solution Centre
Union Power Insurance Brokers
Executive Manager, Business Development
Technical Property Underwriter and Account Manage…