Senior Casualty Underwriter - Linx Underwriting
Do you seek to be a driving force for delivering strong results?
Are you interested in influencing, motivating, and leading new initiatives?
Are you consistently finding ways to improve on the status quo and never settling for “good enough”?
If you are tired of the routine button-pushing job and want a career where you make an impact?
We are a welcoming and passionate team with limitless potential we’d love to meet you.
Linx Underwriting Solutions is an underwriting agency and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aon Canada.
Linx specializes in underwriting industry-specific and product-specific solutions which are tailored for the needs of the Canadian market and our brokers. Linx Underwriting Solutions Inc acts as Managing General Agent (MGA) for domestic carriers and Lloyd’s syndicates and is authorized to transact insurance business under Delegated Authorities.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results by delivering innovative and effective solutions. You will be underwriting a variety of commercial insurance lines of business within Linx, which includes property and/or casualty, umbrella, and some specialty lines.
Linx currently has offices in Toronto, Calgary and Montreal and offers hybrid working.
Your impact as a Senior Casualty Underwriter
- Underwrite a variety of casualty coverages. The role will include working within multiple designated programs focused on General Liability, Umbrella, and Excess, Environmental Liability. Classes of business include but are not limited to: Municipalities and Indigenous Communities and operations, manufacturing, construction, wholesaling, forestry.
- Analyzing new business, renewals and endorsements; provide terms for such based upon our underwriting guidelines and/or obtaining market support when outside of delegated authority.
- Develop clear and concise underwriting proposals for accounts which fall inside and outside delegated underwriting authority.
- Negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing within the parameters of our program underwriting guidelines/authorities.
- Identify opportunities to upsell coverage, limits or products.
- Contribute to and provide growth to a profitable portfolio.
- Maintain a high level of service with your customer service focus and solutions-orientated approach.
- Build a network of relationships with our brokers and our various markets
- Keep current on industry and markets trends and share your knowledge
- Active work to help grow and deepen the Casualty program offerings within Linx
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Required Experience and Education:
- Committed team player
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- 3+ years experience underwriting commercial property and casualty business
- Experience reviewing applications and following instructions based on underwriting guidelines as established for the program.
- Experience working in an MGA, or with referral-based underwriting is an asset.
- Thorough professional, with strong analytical, decision making and negotiation skills
- Innovative and creative problem solving with ability to adapt to quickly changing environment
- Strong communicate skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and often time sensitive environment
- Ability to work well independently, and to also collaborate as part of a bigger team
- Experience with MS Office suite products, proficiency with Excel required.
- Bilingualism is an asset
We offer you:
A driven total rewards package, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues ensure results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries ensure results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and clearing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to ensuring an accessible online application process for all candidates, including individuals with disabilities, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. The alternative application method is only available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or other need for accommodation
Aon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. We are committed to a diverse workforce.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
More search results
Senior Director (REX-09*) / Directeur principal (…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Intermediate Commercial Underwriter
Milnco Insurance Broker Solution Centre
Union Power Insurance Brokers
Executive Manager, Business Development
Technical Property Underwriter and Account Manage…