Senior Underwriter, Auto Resource Center (ARC)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to apply for this position.
You have a clear vision of where your career can go. And we have the leadership to help you get there. At CNA, we strive to create a culture in which people know they matter and are part of something important, ensuring the abilities of all employees are used to their fullest potential.
At CNA, we are focused on success, individually and collectively. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages people. We strive to connect people, departments and business areas, to function as a team, and to serve our customers and communities with professionalism and respect.
Our dedication to employee engagement, continuous learning and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, enable us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Our values, culture and financial strength are what differentiates us from other employers and make CNA the place you want to work.
Job Profile Summary
The successful candidate will be responsible to underwrite existing auto portfolio while supporting new business production in an effort to maximize underwriting profitability. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Risk analysis, pricing, negotiating, setting terms, and referrals to management as necessary on renewal portfolio and new business.
- Submitting, negotiating, and referring reinsurance when required.
- Review of claim and actuary reports taking underwriting action as required.
- Manage all premiums including new business, renewals and endorsements within corporate guidelines
- Complete underwriting reports, review and follow-up on recommendations of inspections, and analyze loss experience
- Portfolio management of existing accounts to ensure targeted profitability and renewal retention
- Ensure all new business and renewals are properly documented to required standards.
- Develop and manage relationships with broker partners. Complete sales calls and assist in development of joint sales plans utilizing Salesforce.
- Perform and execute on underwriting audit action items, as required.
- Ensure service standards for document handling and workflow is appropriate and timely for business unit.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours to be inclusive, externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, and continuously learning.
- University degree, combined with CIP or FCIP designation (or progress towards completion), at least 6 years of commercial auto underwriting experience;
- Familiarity with other Provincial auto systems and national account underwriting
- Familiarity with the Ontario market as well as prior Construction and Manufacturing experience is considered an asset.
- Strong marketing skills to ensure profitable growth of a book of business.
- Must have familiarity with the brokers in the community and expertise and knowledge of distribution and the competitive market environment.
- Customer service focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpretation, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, making sound underwriting decisions with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
More search results
Senior Director (REX-09*) / Directeur principal (…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Intermediate Commercial Underwriter
Milnco Insurance Broker Solution Centre
Union Power Insurance Brokers
Executive Manager, Business Development
Technical Property Underwriter and Account Manage…