Underwriting Support Representative – Bilingual
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Two (2) 12-month Full-Time, Contracts
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the overall purpose and objective of this position is to provide centralized, high volume underwriting support for Underwriting Departments across Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Use CNA’s Internal Underwriting application to bring forward prior year mid-term change endorsements for One World and Oneworld + Policies, ensuring completeness and accuracy in accordance with established guidelines
- Review correspondence that occurred during the prior policy period to add new flat premiums or adjust override rate for increased exposure
- Review correspondence for any endorsements pending issuance to keep renewal current
- Update underwriting rationale documentation with alerts and notices for underwriters when they pick up their file
- Earthquake & Flood endorsement review for individual and aggregate limits accuracy
- Review deductibles & limit accuracy for all locations
- Risk Control - Review guidelines, utilization spreadsheet, assessment matrix, outstanding critical recs
- Claims History - pull/review policy history/loss run, CNA’s Internal Claims application, UW authority
- Capacity Check (Line Guide Review) – For each existing and new location
- Authority Check - Analyzing Hazard Grades & SIC codes
- Identify cross selling opportunities for underwriting
- Compare past term with new broker updates before making changes in CNA’s Underwriting application
- Document underwriter rationale with each update
- Advising UW of any missing information or further details required: Example –split of revenues by country, actual revenues for Year End Adjustments, missing COPE info, BI worksheet, auto schedule, critical subjectivities, etc.
- Any red flags noticed – sanction/restricted countries sales, new/open claims, prior notes/emails advising subjectivities, risk control o/s, critical recs, outstanding premium, etc.
Mid Term Change Endorsement Processing:
- Use CNA’s Internal Underwriting application to process mid-term change endorsements for One World and Oneworld + Policies ensuring completeness and accuracy in accordance with established guidelines.
- Determine Premiums for mid-term change endorsements accurately
- Use premium system to Book endorsements
- Rush Requests completed within same business day
- Manage endorsement requests through the public mail box to completion between Field offices and Operations
- Upload emails and endorsement correspondence to internal document management system
- Communicate successfully with underwriters for verification and qualification of information as needed and to request information required to be part of the underwriting file.
- Familiarize and apply best business practices towards centralized service & maintain quality standards.
- Maintains endorsement count numbers under “15 day” turnaround timeframe
- Handle Endorsement premium discrepancy
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
- University degree or college diploma and aspire to attain or has been granted the Chartered Insurance Professional designation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and French
- A proven track record in customer service coupled with excellent interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Customer service focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with limited supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
More search results
Senior Director (REX-09*) / Directeur principal (…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Intermediate Commercial Underwriter
Milnco Insurance Broker Solution Centre
Union Power Insurance Brokers
Executive Manager, Business Development
Technical Property Underwriter and Account Manage…