The Commercial Liability Underwriter at Pro-Demnity manages the underwriting and review of new and renewal business as well as request for proposals from clients/policyholders. He/She/They lead the processing of renewals, policy changes and respond to daily inquiries received from clients with respect to their architectural firm’s policy. As a member of the Underwriting team, the Commercial Liability Underwriter, actively supports achievement of the department’s production and service goals.
Reporting to the Vice President, Underwriting and working as part of an integrated team, you will:
- Maintain a high level of service with a customer-centric focus.
- Underwrite professional liability policies: prepare instructions, review and authorize policyholder requests (i.e., proof of coverage, eligibility, quotations); review upcoming renewals (monthly) and prepare email/letter merge prior to renewal; process and prepare documentation for policies issued under Binding Authority.
- Analyze and process new business and renewals, in accordance with our underwriting and product guidelines.
- Track and Report: Review, investigate files and approve monthly bordereau documents for Finance; provide a Summary of lost excess.
- Mentor and collaborate with team members: Support VP Underwriting and actively monitor workflows to ensure effective and efficient underwriting processes.
- Meet departmental quality and service targets.
- Oversee administrative and technical requirements/issues to ensure the smooth daily operations of the department including adherence to communication protocols and privacy legislation: Monitor, test and assist with implementation of new processes/systems; weekly tracking of completed and outstanding policies; weekly updating of MS Dynamics and M-files with system updates; etc.
Your key daily interactions will include:
- Colleagues on the Underwriting, Claims & Legal teams, as well as other company employees;
- Architects and architectural firms and employees;
- Internal and external experts and consultants;
You are a Commercial Liability Underwriter with proven skills, have a detail-focus and are process-oriented. You understand product and strive to help clients understand their policy coverages, benefits, limitations and exclusions. Along with a high degree of personal ethics and integrity, you bring:
- A minimum of 3-7 years work experience as a Commercial Liability Underwriter (professional services experience preferred)
- CIP designation, or in process of completing same
- College Diploma / Bachelor’s degree, ideally in insurance or related subject
- Exceptional customer service skills, responding and managing client calls at the front-line
- Very strong administrative, time management and organizational skills;
- Strong analytical, critical and strategic-thinking skills;
- Effective relationship management, establishing trust, using discretion and acting professionally, to maintain effective working relationships;
- Current knowledge of industry and market trends and share what you learn and know
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, and
- Strong proficiency in basic office software (Office 365 or equivalent), Business Central or MS Dynamics; knowledge of M-Files an asset.
More search results
Director, Claims Centre (Auto)
Saskatchewan Government Insurance
Manager, Commercial Property Underwriting
Insurance Brokerage Account Manager
Commercial Farm Underwriter
The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of British Columbia
Saskatchewan Government Insurance