Senior Supervisor, Risk and Business Services
The Senior Supervisor, Risk & Business Services supports the Manager, Risk & Business Services relating to a multifaceted portfolio of responsibilities including risk management & insurance, rentals & leasing, and other miscellaneous functions.
- Coordinates the review of insurance program including preparation of annual insurance applications, policy language review and interpretation.
- Supervises all facets of the insurance claims function including co-ordination with insurers, adjusters, brokers, legal counsel, etc.
- Notifies insurance providers of investigations and behaviours which may put the Calgary Catholic School Division at risk of potential claims.
- Conducts independent investigations for risk management & insurance, including negligence, fraud, etc.
- Contributes to the annual Risk Review including updating the risk register by conducting risk assessments through inquiry and site visits.
- Conducts risk assessments of on-site and off-site locations and activities.
- Prepares confidential draft reports to administration on independent investigations, including strategies, recommendations, and direction.
- Is a resource for staff in risk management practices, including contractual language, legislation, and regulation interpretation.
- Manages the division’s risk management information system.
- Manages the rental of district facilities and assists in the management of leases.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the Supervisor, Risk & Business Services.
- Mentor and coach to the Supervisor, Risk & Business Services.
- Relevant Degree or Degree with Insurance or Risk Management designation, i.e., Canadian Risk Management, Chartered Insurance Professional
- 6-9 years progressive experience
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Knowledge of legal/corporate business environments
- Ability to interact positively with all levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in an environment with tight deadlines and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office and Social Media
Please apply through our website www.cssd.ab.ca/careers prior to January 23, 2022 at 11.59pm.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a police criminal record check.
The Calgary Catholic School Division has a COVID 19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing administrative procedure (AP 168) for all district employees in order to protect the health and safety of the students and staff we serve.
Thank you in advance for submitting your application for this competition. Only those applicants who have been short-listed will be contacted.
More search results
Senior Director (REX-09*) / Directeur principal (…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Intermediate Commercial Underwriter
Milnco Insurance Broker Solution Centre
Union Power Insurance Brokers
Executive Manager, Business Development
Technical Property Underwriter and Account Manage…